Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

which steering lock for Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know which of the Stoplock steering locks fit 2017 Model S? It's not for routine use, but when parked in big cities.

The manufacturer's fitting guide says that the Pro and Pro Elite locks both fit Model S "15-ON". I bought the Pro, which is slightly cheaper, but I can't get it to fit over the bump of the airbag and the neighbours are wondering about the repeated hooting.

Before I return it to Amazon and order the Elite, I would like to know it will fit.

I may be about to unleash a torrent of contrary views, but I honestly didn't think anyone still used those things?

With immobilizers standard on almost all recent cars, the days of random street theft while in the 'big cities' are long gone as they tend to steal the keys first, then the car...

If they are well enough organized to steal the keys (...or boost the signal and use proximtiy unlocking if it is enabled) then taking the extra few seconds to cut the steering wheel a couple of times to remove one of those locks isn't going to slow them down much...