Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which Supercharger sites need to expand to relieve congestion?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

minderbinder

Supporting Member
Oct 19, 2015
Concord, MA
I've noticed that some supercharger sites have been getting upgraded with additional stalls, which lead me to wonder about New England sites that could use some relief. My vote - Lee, MA. Those 8 V2 stalls stay pretty busy during summer weekends, as everyone from the Berkshires and points west comes through there. The big Mass Pike exit gap means that hitting a further stop can be a challenge, though it would certainly help if they could get superchargers at the Blandford service areas. There is room for another 8 SCs in Lee, assuming the supermarket is willing to give the spaces.

Other suggestions?

For Lee, MA , I know Lenox should be built by the end of the year - but that's a bit far away for an easy on/off the Pike on the way through. I agree that site could probably benefit from an expansion.

Framingham, MA is a very busy location. I believe there is there may be plans to do another nearby there (no details available to share just yet).

Lynnfield, MA is also very busy at times...

Not sure if West Springfield gets busy or not - Holyoke is now not far from there as an alternative. More superchargers coming to West Springfield I believe (details available soon I hope).

I would think that the southern CT main routes (95 and the Merritt) will get more sites rather than expanded sites, as there are plenty of exits there to use - look at what Tesla's done in NJ or around Hartford as an example. For northern CT (84) and western MA (pike) that's less of an option.

I can't tell if Framingham's congestion is due to Pike travelers or mall opportunity charging. Guess they could raise the price to find out!

They have... along with many other busy sites in the region (and probably across the country as well).

67995907028__6157AB0C-3740-447C-B994-A27989E0B4FF.JPEG

Reactions: kayak1
Not quite New England, but on a recent Sunday run from NYC to Boston the busiest site was the 72kW superchargers hidden in New Rochelle, NY. (And by hidden I mean, I pulled several u-turns searching for the right entrance to the parking garage, then decided to follow a Model 3, who pulled over and made me lead because she couldn't find them either!) When we pulled in, all the stalls were filled.