TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Which Tesla Models are you interested in?

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by AnOutsider, Dec 11, 2011.

?

Which Tesla offerings would you be interested in?

1. Current Tesla Roadster

14 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. Model S

52 vote(s)
    78.8%
  3. Model X

27 vote(s)
    40.9%
  4. Bluestar

28 vote(s)
    42.4%
  5. Future Tesla Roadster

24 vote(s)
    36.4%
  6. Other sub $30k offerings

19 vote(s)
    28.8%
  7. Other high-end offerings

15 vote(s)
    22.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

*multiple choice poll*

Had a discussion with someone re: Tesla's position in the market and if going too far down-market is wise (somewhat mirroring the discussion we had here about sub-brands and such). To me, it seems Bluestar is the only time Tesla plans to go "down market", and even then, they're not going entry-level Honda Fit (I assume anyways), so it would seem they're staying mostly high-end/luxury. Will that match the buyers interested in the brand?

It would be interesting to see which products in their (proposed) lineup buyers here are most interested in. Poll is multiple choice, so check all that apply.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Obviously I'm interested in the Model S, but looking forward I can see that Blue Star, potentially, for a first car for my boys (now age 12). My wife will be needing a new vehicle in the next couple of years and we like to have at least one SUV size vehicle in the household for those times we need to haul more people or larger items or both, making the Model X a possibility. That said, I think we'll be more inclined to replace her current Highlander Hybrid with a newer Highlander Hybrid--we've been very satisfied with it up to now and when we take longer trips we'll need a gasser/hybrid and we usually appreciate the comfort of extra room for people (family of 5) and cargo, not to mention the convenience of having a more powerful vehicle when we need to have skis on the roof and climb the mountains to ski.

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Interesting numbers so far. Obviously the Model S is going to get the majority of the votes, but interesting to see Model X and future Roadster as secondary leaders. Not surprised on Bluestar though, I was of the impression that, at least for now, those interested in Tesla are less concerned with the smaller mass-market car.

4. jcstp

jcstp Active Member

I wait for a Tesla Van! The size of a VW Caravelle or Mercedes Viano

5. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

With Model S due in 2012, X in 2013 and Roadster in 2014, those who voted multiple will be seeing significant pocket-drain :smile:

6. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

Yep. Pay for the Model S in 2012 and save up money like crazy for the next two years. :) Then I can retire as long as my income can pay for property taxes, food, and electricity. :rolleyes:

7. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Well, you could always hop on a bike to generate that electricity, but I suppose then your food costs would go up :tongue: