TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Which Tesla Stores will be first to Display the X???

Discussion in 'Model X' started by DrivingTheFuture, Jan 2, 2016.

1. DrivingTheFuture

I spoke to a manager in Florida and she said probably late March 2016 is when they would have their first Model X. Please share if you know of other states/ timelines.

2. ModelX

ModelX Member

March/April is what SLC told me.

3. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I bet Santana Row in San Jose will be one of the first. Seaside, CA said March this past week.

4. dwebb66

dwebb66 Member

#4 dwebb66, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    Heard March from the Mission Viejo store yesterday also.

5. CarlK

CarlK Member

I was told by the Santana Row (San Jose) store a few weeks ago it will be Feb/Mar time frame but they also added "Tesla time".

6. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

One of the problems with displaying the Model Xs is that so many people have waited for such a long time with such a large amount of prepayment that to have any vehicles {just sitting there!!!! Where's mine? } while the backlog remains can be perceived to be a terrible blow. My thought is that Model Xs reserved before, lets say, the 30 Sept reveal should be delivered before any vehicles are allocated for showroom displays.

7. idoco

idoco Member

Problem is that there are probably more people with reservations, who have not yet configured, and won't until they actually sit in an X/drive an X. So do you satisfy your early customers at the expense of cash flow or do you piss off your early customer, but increase cash flow?

8. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Interesting. Portland told me "definitely in January". But I guess they were just making that up and don't know for sure.
    They have quite a few reservation holders that haven't ordered, including a fair share of Sig reservations. They have to have some available sooner rather than later. I have speculated before that maybe they'll manufacture those after all the ordered Sigs are shipped and before they start making production reservation cars... this way the Sig owners get an extra week or two of being the only ones who have received their cars and we get Model X into the store.
    We certainly won't order before we have driven one.

9. JPP

JPP Active Member

Palo Alto? It is of course next to Corporate.....

10. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

I will really be disappointed if I have to wait til March just to see and drive one, I cannot believe that Tesla wants everyone with a reservation to confirm site unseen. They need to get some cars in the showroom asap.

11. bobbykansara

bobbykansara Member

Well... They know that a large proportion of reservation holders WILL order the car sight unseen. I'm one of those. That is how deeply the faith and belief in tesla runs. And a LOT of people have been waiting a LONG time for this vehicle; Tesla knows the natives are restless and its best to get the car into their hands ASAP before producing non-revenue generating demos.

So, unfortunately, be prepared to wait til March for a demo (or convince a kind early adopter to let you see one at a meet-up). Be thankful you live in the Bay Area where they will be plentiful. :)

12. CarlK

CarlK Member

The store clerk did say the priority is shipping car to customers rather than showrooms. I got the impression that they are not very eager to push X sale when there is such a huge backlog. People like Bobby or I who are willing to take the risk will be rewarded with getting our cars sooner.

13. MarkoC

MarkoC Member

If it is March I will be disappointed as well. Just because I have been waiting for over three years doesn't mean I'm willing to drop 90k on a car without ever having had the chance to drive one. Even if they won't be sending cars to all the sales centers right away I would hope they would be sending some out for drive events around the country. Isn't that what they did with the Model S?

14. bobbykansara

bobbykansara Member

I understand how you must feel, MarkoC. It's pretty scary to drop that kind of money on ANYTHING sight unseen. But Tesla knows that the majority of the reservation holders will go ahead and order sight unseen. The good news for you is that you have the choice of waiting until you see it. After waiting this long, 3 more months of waiting to order isn't that much longer. Hang in there! Either you get a fantastic vehicle sooner or later, but in the end you still have the fantastic vehicle.

15. MarkoC

MarkoC Member

Well if nothing else depending on where you live in Edina I may see you driving your new X around town. I'm in Linden Hills just across the city line so it could happen. :smile:

16. bobbykansara

bobbykansara Member

wow! I didn't even look to see where you were located. When I get mine, I will be happy to show you and other prospective owners the vehicle. It won't be long now before I can tak advantage of the "Electric Car Only" parking spot at Linden Hills Co-Op. I will post sun I get it so keep your eyes peeled and we can plan a great Minnesota Get Together. Try and stay warm!

17. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

On the plus side, if I order in April and get my car in July then hopefully Tesla will have worked out some of the build quality and fit and finish issues that seem evident in the early cars. The more I think about it, the more a 10k+ VIN sounds like a good idea.

18. MarkoC

MarkoC Member

I've been eyeing that spot for awhile myself. I have yet to see an EV in it but hopefully for you that will change soon.

19. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

I won't buy one until I drive it/ spend time in it.