Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which tesla wheels will fit on a (new) Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, wheels from a Tesla Model S or Model 3 will not fit on a Model X?

Did you bother to read the link?

The Model 3 has a different bolt pattern.

20” and 22” Model X are normally staggered (different front and rear Rims).

The rims are set up for different profile and load range tires. But there are some that get close between S and X (also depends on age of wheel you are talking about). They might also only be compatible with just the front or just the back.

There are tons of threads over what wheels/tires that fit. But normally the OEM wheels are not shared.

Any rims sold rarely ever say compatible with both S and X.

Check out the 3rd Party rims thread for what folks squeeze on.

Also check Tesla shop to see the sizes they offer for each car.

Last edited:
mswlogo:
yes, I did read the link that you kindly sent me. that link shows what wheels came with or are options for a model X. It shows their dimensions, etc. It does not tell me whether I can put a 19" wheel from a Tesla Model S (safely) on a Model X.

Per our post in this thread: Model X 19" rims vs Model S 19" rims.

A Model S Gross Vehicle Weight Rating is about 5820-5939lbs (90D-100D).

A Model X Gross Vehicle Weight Rating is 6591-6788 (75D-100D).

There's almost 1000lbs of Gross Vehicle Weight difference between the lightest S and heaviest X. In our world, that means we would have to manufacture a wheel that can hold ~250lbs more load on a Model X.

The big unknown with the Tesla factory wheels is load rating, therefore we would never put wheels from an S on an X.

Our new Model S 19" TST and Model S/X 20" TST flow forged are load rated at 900kg / 1980lbs