Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which tint option would you go with?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I am in the bay area and received the following quotes. Would love to hear people’s thoughts on which option they’d go with and why. Also, if you would do full rear or not. Thanks!

Option 1: ZtoA nano-ceramic tint of the solar free brand for $230. Full rear for $390

Option 2: Vortex Ceramic Film for $349 ($449 for full rear)

Option 3: Xpel CIR tint for $550

Option 4: 3M Ceramic for $700

Xpel and 3M are well known brands. The other two no idea. Go with the best reviewed installer who stands by their work and won’t ruin the car installing the tint. The rear glass is a bit tricky to do in one piece so I’d make sure the shop is familiar with teslas.

Upvote 0
Just picked up mine today from getting 3M Ceramic in 25%. $650 installed including one piece rear window.PA does not allow tint on the front windshield unfortunately. Initial tests show a drop of about 25 degrees in internal temps on an 85 degree sunny day. Found just one bubble on the rear window that if it doesn't settle in over the next week will take it back to have them try and work it out. I'm told the rear window is a real pain so be sure to use someone who has done an M3 in the past.

Upvote 0
I did the chrome delete and installer did the tint.
B3DF1144-3E43-4C1D-BE71-96A7ED456C80.jpeg
DFC6693C-0616-4875-9384-E0B2AB14BDA1.jpeg

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

I am in the bay area and received the following quotes. Would love to hear people’s thoughts on which option they’d go with and why. Also, if you would do full rear or not. Thanks!

Option 1: ZtoA nano-ceramic tint of the solar free brand for $230. Full rear for $390

Option 2: Vortex Ceramic Film for $349 ($449 for full rear)

Option 3: Xpel CIR tint for $550

Option 4: 3M Ceramic for $700
We had 3M Crystalline installed about two years ago on two Model 3s on all glass except for the large rear piece. Applied 70 to the windshield and 40 to the rest. We are in So. Cal. and have been very pleased with the product. The installer had a significant amount of experience with Teslas. The film is highly effective but allows plenty of light into the car. The price per car was around $700. Crystalline is more expensive. I would do it again if I had to. Good luck.

Upvote 0