Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which USB splitter?

MOBB

Sep 18, 2019
Bedfordshire
I have the Nomad wireless charger, and a 512gb Samsung SSD T5 - so need a splitter to be able to use both sides of the charger - any recommendations?

Cheers

Yev000

May 3, 2019
Knaphill
I just use a normal Hub

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00Y25XFGK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those 2 charging ports are really slow at charging (data ports)

The rear 2 ports are faster, but obviously less convenient

And of course the 12v socket is also fast - again not convenient

I've been debating the need to purchase a pass through battery bank to work as a hub and fast charger. This one I've seen recommended by a youtuber for his model 3:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zendure-26...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

But I keep reverting back to not need the phone to actually charge that fast.

I also got a data blocker, because the car seems to try and "connect" to the phone data and I have a feeling that affects how fast the charge is. Bit of a placebo maybe. But I've noticed that the phone seems to "wake up" sometimes when I stop at a light. Only does it when it's plugged in so maybe the voltage changes at drive vs standing still?

Smiddy

Jun 7, 2019
South West UK
How long did it take for you to recieve after ordering?

Took a little while, I order 9th Sept and it arrived early Oct. I emailed them a couple of weeks after ordering, they replied fairly quickly with how they were shipping batches of orders.

Quite happy with it though, once its in place you would think it was part of the car.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC