Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

which used model S with regular steering wheel to buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello all,

I bought a model 3 SR+ as my Tesla back in dec 2019. At the time, I did not want to spend too much money on my first EV as I am not sure how it will fit my driving habit. But now I find myself driving model 3 on hwy alot so looking for a more grand tour feel like car. So I am looking into trading in for a used model S. I cannot stand the yoke steering so will have to go with older version. So my question is.. which used model S with regular steering wheel to buy?

main reason is for getting older model S is that i have refreshed model X on order for wife so that has yoke.

it is either upgrading to model 3 performance to model S because I need AWD for winter driving.

Budget for new upgrade is 80 000 at most but less is better

hello all,

I bought a model 3 SR+ as my Tesla back in dec 2019. At the time, I did not want to spend too much money on my first EV as I am not sure how it will fit my driving habit. But now I find myself driving model 3 on hwy alot so looking for a more grand tour feel like car. So I am looking into trading in for a used model S. I cannot stand the yoke steering so will have to go with older version. So my question is.. which used model S with regular steering wheel to buy?
The real answer is none.

Buy the Refresh and put a regular round wheel on it. The Legacy Model S is really showing its age.

Edit: I just noticed the budget consideration. Go with a M3 or MY.

Reactions: coolmanfever
I loved my CPO 2016 S75D, especially after I upgraded the MCU. As much as there are features of my 22 M3LR that are big improvements, I’d probably still take the S75D over the M3, primarily for the trunk and the much better noise abatement (and higher quality interior materials that mine came with). I’d look for the lowest mileage MS Long Range you can find and afford.

Reactions: coolmanfever
I have a Sept. 2020 LR+ Raven that I love. Glad I bought when I did because the yoke is not for me.
But... if you really don't like the yoke you can replace it so quickly. That would not be a reason to go with a pre-refresh over the refresh. Even if I absolutely hated the yoke with a wild passion, I'd still buy the car and replace it. As it is, I don't much care for the yoke, but I know I can replace it easily if it ever becomes a real problem (it won't).

I have a Sept. 2020 LR+ Raven that I love. Glad I bought when I did because the yoke is not for me.

Same :D

I mean don't let me get into all the reasons buying a pre-refresh now is madness...

Unfortunately not everyone is willing or able to spend approx $100k on a refresh car - myself, OP and many many others inculuded. But to say it's "madness" to buy something a couple of years older? I respectfully disagree.

Same :D

Unfortunately not everyone is willing or able to spend approx $100k on a refresh car - myself, OP and many many others inculuded. But to say it's "madness" to buy something a couple of years older? I respectfully disagree.
Would you spend $600 on a 4 year old iPhone Pro when a new one costs $1000?

I wouldn’t…I would just buy the new baseline model. Same concept.