Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which vaccine did you get?

Which Vaccine did you get?

• Pfizer

Votes: 60 56.1%
  • Moderna

Votes: 39 36.4%
  • J&J

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • AstraZeneca

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Sputnik V

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinovac

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
None.

Yeah.... vaccines have risks... so does getting COVID. You have a ~0.000001% chance of being hospitalized by the vaccine BUT.... a ~20% chance of being hospitalized and a ~1% chance of dying if you get COVID.

.... do you understand how numbers work?

Last edited:
Reactions: Thp3 and MitchMitch
The risks of getting this or any other vaccine are infinitesimal. Women between 20 and 40 (IIRC) might want to avoid J&J or A-Z if and only if they have the choice of another vaccine immediately. Anybody else is stupid not to get vaccinated. On top of that, it is irresponsible not to get vaccinated because you put other people at risk. Basically, if you refuse to get vaccinated you're an asshole.

When they get FDA approval and have a better safety record, and proven to actually last, I may re-evaluate. Until then, I guess I'm just going to be one of them there 'superspreader's'.

head shaker - I saw some woman wearing one of those clear face shields while driving her car [and she was traveling alone] - 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah.... vaccines have risks... so does getting COVID. You have a ~0.000001% chance of being hospitalized by the vaccine BUT.... a ~20% chance of being hospitalized and a ~1% chance of dying if you get COVID.

.... do you understand how numbers work?
I thing your wrong
do you mind proving your statistics?
there are endless reports of fatalities being labeled as dying from covid rather than dying with covid - HUGE influence on the real numbers

Last edited:
The risks of getting this or any other vaccine are infinitesimal. Women between 20 and 40 (IIRC) might want to avoid J&J or A-Z if and only if they have the choice of another vaccine immediately. Anybody else is stupid not to get vaccinated. On top of that, it is irresponsible not to get vaccinated because you put other people at risk. Basically, if you refuse to get vaccinated you're an asshole.
someone needs a hug from one of us superspreaders

I thing your wrong
do you mind proving your statistics?
there are endless reports of fatalities being labeled as dying from covid rather than dying with covid - HUGE influence on the real numbers

Excess deaths is a better indication. If someone can't get treated for some other condition because all the ICU beds are occupied by COVID patients... that's a COVID death.

Overall, an estimated 299,028 excess deaths occurred from late January through October 3, 2020, with 198,081 (66%) excess deaths attributed to COVID-19. The largest percentage increases were seen among adults aged 25–44 years and among Hispanic or Latino persons.

more proof the statics are WRONG and misleading.

let's start with 'estimated 299,028', - so precise a number for an estimate (ha ha) - and where exactly did these deaths from (not with), covid, take place?, in one particular country? in one particular state? Geographical? Demographical?

Generic language like 'excessive deaths' - that should cover up the exaggerations, I mean explain the numbers.
Statistics can be manipulated/miss-presented all day long.

I sincerely believe that if you (anyone) wants to get one of the vaccine's - go for it, I fully support it, hell, I'll even give you a ride to and from.
I won't think more of less of anyone based on their choice.
But not all of us are drinking the cool aid.

more proof the statics are WRONG and misleading.

let's start with 'estimated 299,028', - so precise a number for an estimate (ha ha) - and where exactly did these deaths from (not with), covid, take place?, in one particular country? in one particular state? Geographical? Demographical?

Generic language like 'excessive deaths' - that should cover up the exaggerations, I mean explain the numbers.
Statistics can be manipulated/miss-presented all day long.

I sincerely believe that if you (anyone) wants to get one of the vaccine's - go for it, I fully support it, hell, I'll even give you a ride to and from.
I won't think more of less of anyone based on their choice.
But not all of us are drinking the cool aid.

So what's the 'real' number? What's your source? Any sort of estimate is going to be statistical.

But it's not just your choice unless that choice involves isolating yourself from the rest of society so as to not be a COVID vector or take up valuable ICU space if you get sick.

So what's the 'real' number? What's your source? Any sort of estimate is going to be statistical.

But it's not just your choice unless that choice involves isolating yourself from the rest of society so as to not be a COVID vector or take up valuable ICU space if you get sick.
It is in fact my choice and if anyone doesn’t like it, then they can stay home.
I will not, I repeat , will not be forced or guilted to take a vaccine especially one that has not been proven.

when these vaccines get FDA approval I will reconsider, until then I will not drink the Kool-Aid.

If you want to live in fear, I feel sorry for you

Pfizer. 18 hours after first shot, felt like I had mild case of flu, tired, headache, muscle ache. 10 hours after second shot, I had a bad headache, hot flashes, cold sweats, chills, aches. But after some Jack Daniels.... all was better. Jack Daniels... Covid cure since 1866.

• Funny
Reactions: house9
taking an unproven vaccine for fear of contracting covid is fear at its basic form
no one know the real number ofd covid deaths because they get inflated

Literally nothing is ever 'proven' (except in math) that's not how reality works. But.... the clinical trials did show that the risk of getting the vaccine is orders of magnitude less than not getting it.... so.... as I said... do you understand how numbers work? ;)

I also wear a seatbelt... that's not 'living in fear'... that's 'not behaving like a moron'. Sometimes people die BECAUSE of the seatbelt... Sometimes people die BECAUSE of the airbag. I still use both because numbers. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Thp3
Literally nothing is ever 'proven' (except in math) that's not how reality works. But.... the clinical trials did show that the risk of getting the vaccine is orders of magnitude less than not getting it.... so.... as I said... do you understand how numbers work? ;)
Wrong again - several vaccines exist that are proven effective and safe, measles, small pox, etc. with full knowledge of associated risks, where as the risks and long term effectiveness of the COVID vaccines have yet to be fully compiled.
Clinical trials are just that…trials, and have not endured the time tests needed for FDA approval.

Do you understand how those numbers work?

And good on you for wearing your seatbelt - on this we are in full agreement.

Last edited:
Wrong again - several vaccines exist that are proven effective and safe, measles, small pox, etc.
Clinical trials are just that…trials, and have not endured the time tests needed for FDA approval.

Do you understand how those numbers work?

.... all the COVID vaccines have also been 'proven' effective and safe... do you think they just started handing them out??? They started clinical trials a year ago. How do you think all those other vaccines were 'proven' effective and safe? And it's not like there isn't also a risk to measles and small pox vaccines. The small pox vaccine in particular is WAY worse than any of the COVID vaccines. I still have a scar at my vaccination site >15 years later. 1:1M die from a reaction to the small pox vaccine. J&J is the worst at 1:7M. So you agree the small pox vaccine is safe even though it's ~7x more lethal than the worst COVID vaccine????

Yeah... it's a shorted time line. We could wait 10 years to flush out the low probability severe side effects of the vaccine and let another 2M/yr die from COVID OR... grant emergency use authorization and maybe a few dozen die from blood clots or other reactions. What's the bigger number? 2,000,000 or 12?

Last edited:
Reactions: Thp3
.... all the COVID vaccines have also been 'proven' effective and safe... do you think they just started handing them out??? They started clinical trials a year ago. How do you think all those other vaccines were 'proven' effective and safe? And it's not like there isn't also a risk to measles and small pox vaccines. The small pox vaccine in particular is WAY worse than any of the COVID vaccines. I still have a scar at my vaccination site >15 years later.

Yeah... it's a shorted time line. We could wait 10 years to flush out the low probability severe side effects of the vaccine and let another 2M/yr die from COVID OR... grant emergency use authorization and maybe a few dozen die from blood clots or other reactions. What's the bigger number? 2,000,000 or 12?
Proven effective and safe - NOPE - not yet
12 vaccine caused deaths now, how many in 6 months? I choose to wait and see.
2M/next more deaths from Covid next Year - nope, I’ll bet my life on it.

Proven effective and safe - NOPE - not yet

So... how is the small pox vaccine 'safe and effective' when it kills 7x more people per 1M and hospitalizes ~10x more? You'd feel comfortable getting a small pox vaccination but not a Pfizer COVID vaccine???

How many have died from COVID? There's a number even if we'll never know it exactly. >12? >100? >1,000? >10,000? >100,000? The fact we had ~300,000 additional deaths in the US the first half of last year was what? A coincidence?

you sure love throwing out inflated numbers without proof to back them up.
Anyway, I stated " with full knowledge of associated risks".
The long term risks of the Covid Vaccines are obviously still developing.

Even FDA refuses to budge on its standards and I applaud them.
The emergency uses authorization (EUA) for the vaccines only exists due to pressure from the previous white house administration.
when the FDA approves the vaccines, I will re-evaluate my decision, until then I'll let you be the lab rats.