Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Siciliano, Jun 8, 2017.
I know the sample size isn't that huge, I'm just trying to get an idea.
First one, but I don't want it as soon as possible. I really want it as late as possible but with the maximum level of tax credit.
I said AWD but it will really depend on what other options are available when I get to configure. If I can get it nicely optioned except for AWD and get the full tax credit I may go with RWD but if none of the other options I want are available then I'll be waiting.
I am willing to consider RWD if the Colorado winter but the wife is not - so I'm waiting
I'm fine with RWD. But... It depends on what "Base Model" really means. Glass roof? White Seats? 75Kw battery?
I can't imagine! I'm in NY - not even far upstate, about an hour from NYC - and I wouldn't even consider RWD with the amount of snow we get.
I was really just basing it on RWD, AWD, and performance without delving into options (along with how long people are willing to wait). I see what you mean though, I'll change the wording.
edit: it's not letting me edit the poll.
There'll be a base model (2wd) and a performance 2wd... and i'm guessing they'll only be selling the performance 2wd to start with at a $45k ish price with a 65-75kwh battery. Then later will do the base 55kwh at $35k - but have it as just available spring-summer 2018.
Besides AWD also want the largest battery available. But don't care about Performance or premium features like sound system, lighting etc.
I also want to wait until most of the initial "Ok, let's redesign that part" changes are made. No idea how I'm going to judge that... and maybe the automated production line will remove most of those from the start. OTOH, cars to Canada will be months and months later anyway so it may take care of itself.
I will order the most spec'd 3 I can get and still get the Fed tax credit. That will pay for EAP etc on AP2 which is a must have IMO. It's somewhat tricky to figure out when Tesla's credits will expire but it seems like delivery before end of March '18 is a safe bet. After that of course it's just 1/2 the Fed cred so, still not too bad.
There is already lots of information to answer your question at Model3Tracker.info and a thread about it: Model3Tracker.info
I am the same that I am fine with RWD but requiring Glass Roof, White Seats and any battery is fine. I am planning on getting a small used SUV if I need the room, range and AWD. If it looks like the AWD is only going to be a few months later I will get that and skip the SUV.
I prefer the AWD, but will settle on a RWD if it will make the difference between getting the full tax credit or not. I already have a very quick sports car, so no need for a PXXD. Hopefully Tesla will provide full clarity on delivery schedule when it becomes time to order so I'll have all the information I need to make an informed RWD vs AWD decision based on tax credit availability.