Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which video is more similar to Tesla's red in real life?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone! I'm currently deciding between red and white for a M3P and I came across two videos of red Model 3s where the red kind of looks a bit different (I guess the videos' color grading was different). I was wondering if anyone knew which one was more representative of the M3 in real life!

Video 1:

Video 2:

Closer to #1. It doesn't have the orange tint showing in #2. IMO it looks better than both of those videos, but it does vary depending on lighting conditions.
Thank you! I actually LOVE the orangey tint in #2 and changed my order from white to red yesterday... but started to realize that it isn't so orangey in most videos/photos. Maybe I should change it back... but you also say that it looks even better IRL! 🤔

Videos are difficult to tell the actual color given some of the filters used, lighting, etc. The best bet is to stop by a Tesla dealership and look at them in person. If you aren't near one, check out a supercharger and stalk the cars that come in. Just don't wait at the local gas station, won't see many there ;)

• Funny
Reactions: play150
The red really changes based on cloud cover, road grime, and of course wax. I think the video in #1 is a good example of clean sunny day color, while #2 is more after driving and the shine is off the car.

Below is a mixed pic, cloudy(ish) day but clean red.
IMG_20210325_141451141_HDR.jpg

Wow it really does look like red can vary hella depending on the lighting conditions!! My sales advisor noted that there's a red one at the showroom at the moment, so I might go see for myself!

I love how this has become an unofficial red Model 3 thread, many thanks y'all 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: camminich