Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which white looks more like a stormtrooper?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solid, without question. I don't know of any pearly storm troopers, though I may be mistaken!

Every time I see white (like that last photo in the random sightings thread), I confirm that's the color I'm doing. I'll probably do pearl white, though. I love my pearl white Model S. Is it lame to have two cars with the same manufacturer and same color? Oh well. I'll just have to be lame.

The thing I'll say about pearl white is that anywhere there's a line, it seems (to my eye) to be more pronounced with the depth of the pearl white vs. the flat white. So if you want to see those lines, pearl white is probably a better choice.

The thing I'll say about pearl white is that anywhere there's a line, it seems (to my eye) to be more pronounced with the depth of the pearl white vs. the flat white. So if you want to see those lines, pearl white is probably a better choice.
HA, that is very helpful as I do NOT want to see those lines. It seems much more future forward to NOT see the lines to my eye.

Everyone has a different perception. :)
I find that the flat white color makes the body seams more obvious than any other color. The darker the color, the less obvious are the seams.

I think this is a white on at the Sunnyvale Ca Service center ...VIN S00711

S00711.jpg

Attachments

• S00711.jpg
    S00711.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 120
I've been told that after the Founder delivery ride event, the white synthetic held up better than the leather interiors. Less scuffs, less wear, and easiest to return to original condition. I was surprised.

Good of to know, just not sure if it's a standard scotch guard type resistance, or some Tesla magic sauce which makes it more stain resistant than typical upholstery.

ive got a 3 year old and hopefully 1 more on the way so they will be the test.

The black in my Model S has held up remarkably well