Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which will ship first: Model X or iPhone 6S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was pretty surprised when Apple announced 9/25 for the 6S. I think they may want to ensure adequate stock on hand, because last year's 6/6+ launch was pretty awful. Asian scalpers (buying iPhones to re-import to China to sell for thousands of $ apiece) snapped up a lot of the early stock, and fights broke out at several Apple stores. This is not the image that a premium/luxury brand wants to have. Honestly some Apple Stores looked like refugee camps or had the atmosphere of rowdy biker bars.

Maybe they will make launch day for preorders only, this time. Didn't they do that for the Apple Watch?

Model X will beat iPhone 6S to $1 million sales. Safe bet.

The first 'real' delivery Founders or Signature? I put my money on Tesla.

Sorry Svenssons, but could I ask for some of the stuff you are smoking?
At around $600 per phone they need to sell 1700 phones to reach $1m in sales. When they launch they will not have less than a million phones at hand in the countries they launch.
They will all be sold in the first few hours.

So I expect Apple to sell $600m in iPhones before the Sep 29th launch of Model X.

Apple will be at $1m in sales in the first few seconds of launch.

Sorry Svenssons, but could I ask for some of the stuff you are smoking?
At around $600 per phone they need to sell 1700 phones to reach $1m in sales. When they launch they will not have less than a million phones at hand in the countries they launch.
They will all be sold in the first few hours.

So I expect Apple to sell $600m in iPhones before the Sep 29th launch of Model X.

Apple will be at $1m in sales in the first few seconds of launch.

Some perspective: Apple will almost certainly bring in more than Tesla's entire annual revenue in the 4 days between when the 6S ships and the first X is delivered. Likely their entire revenue for 2016 too (not in combination, just separately). These fish are not swimming in the same pond.

Me me me!!!!!
is it that time already. I didn't notice.

I remember a time when a new iPhone launch was as anticipated and dramatized as the Model X. Five years ago people were trying to figure out why there were lines in the side of the iPhone 4 prototype (leaked by Gizmodo website if I remember correctly). Today it is nose cones and 2nd row seats that have people on edge!

But yeah, it's that time of year again.