Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

While Teslas fail at "Cars and Coffee"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
most people have laptops so even the screen is meh to most.

Can't imagine trusting a windscreen-mount for a 17" laptop :D

I've never had anyone say "meh" to the screen. Presumably they aren't comparing it to a laptop, they are mentally comparing it to the screen in any other car.

Come to think of it I can't think of anyone I know that hefts a 17" laptop around either, other than me

Can't imagine trusting a windscreen-mount for a 17" laptop :D

I've never had anyone say "meh" to the screen. Presumably they aren't comparing it to a laptop, they are mentally comparing it to the screen in any other car.

Come to think of it I can't think of anyone I know that hefts a 17" laptop around either, other than me
yes compared to any other car they will be wowed by the landscape of the screen.I agree on that.I guess i meant that for tesla s -just sitting there like at a car show isnt impressive but driving one is where it really shines.So if at the coffee things you can take people for test drives and even let them drive with you in the car then i can see this being the biggest wow factor overall.

yeah I did a video on this same thing. I'm a car guy through and through and quite frankly it was a different experience, however still pleasant

great vid~!!

i have been programmed by the whole loud noise car thing since childhood and into my teens...I broke that programming long ago and think a stealthy quiet car that has speed(or cycle) is way cooler.

When I first got my P85D I used to clean and polish it and take it proudly to the local cars and coffee, and show it off proudly. These days, I park in regular parking and don’t bother showing it at all. These are the reasons why the car enthusiasts at cars and coffee are generally indifferent or even apathetic towards Teslas.
This has not been my experience. People are wowed with the screen and that it makes no noise when starting up. Fact is, it was so successful that the BMW site owners said that I had to pay $250 each time I brought it there (I guess too many folks purchased a Tesla after seeing my car). So I don't go to C&C anymore since $250 per appearance is way above my pay grade.

It really depends on where that Cars and Coffee is located. Bigger cities like Dallas/Houston won't bother glancing because Teslas are really common. At midsize cities like Austin or San Antonio, you might get a little interest. Going to smaller cities or town car shows (usually they don't have C&C, but a charity car show), people will flock. Its all about how exotic that car is to that area.

Yes, noise sells, but turning off climate and rolling past people silent turns heads too. :)

Honestly, except for a few exotics, I'm rarely interested in "new cars" at car shows unless they are uber rare or heavily modified. A lot of it comes down to what it takes to put together a car. When you see a sweet 67 GTO that some guy put THOUSANDS of hours into restoring or restomodding sitting next to some new car where a guy, um, wrote a check...well, not exactly the same thing.

Reactions: arcus