TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

whinging thread

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Grenadine, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Grenadine

Grenadine Member

Please put gripes and discussions about them in here and leave the other thread free of them

• Like x 3
    • Love x 3
    • Funny x 1
  2. conman

conman Active Member

Stop adding bugs to releases for things that were already working. Fix bugs please. No more games till you fix existing bugs. Bring up Australia up to speed with North American features. Thanks.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  3. Icey

Icey Member

COMMUNICATION!
    Release notes in software, tell your service centre staff things, product releases (looking at CCS2 refit option), parts on order.

Good communication can solve these issues.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  4. RobDickinson

RobDickinson Member

despite the website saying est delivery August and it being the 27th I still dont have an idea when my car will arrive

currently diving rental...

I know they are snowed and might not know how it'll work out but a little comms would be good...

• Like x 1
  5. Tigger

Tigger Member

#5 Tigger, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    How about a god damn progress update on those superchargers that are supposed to be finished in 2019?

Next year's trips to Mt Buller are stressing me out already. Cold temperature vampire drain and all that while sitting at the car park. Not to mention no regen with frozen batteries when you head back home down the mountain.That Mansfield one better be up and running by winter next year.

6. jaykaye

jaykaye Member

I want my car... ! hmpf!

• Like x 1
  7. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

Pisses me off too....had a Range Rover for our family trips (ski trips) and the Model S....decided we wanted to be an all EV car family and was assured that although the Mt Buller SC was running late it would be in by the end of 2018....now the current ski season is almost over and we STILL have no idea what/when this SC is going to be installed....on top of this Tesla's recent change to the batteries has us at best getting 240WH/km on our Model X which means Ski trips are completely off the agenda unless one stays 'off mountain', just get the darn SC installed Elon!

However, on a constructive note we didn't give up our skiing but stayed in Sebel Pinnacle Resort that does have destination changers and bused it up each day....

8. Tigger

Tigger Member

Tell me about it! I am waiting for delivery on Model X LR and I've been crunching the numbers.

Assuming we start with 100% from the nearest Euroa SC, snow/rain, cold temperatures, extra weight etc. the route forecast says we would arrive at the overnight car parks with 49%. Assuming 2% vampire drain daily, after a 7 day stay we're looking at 35% in the battery to make the trip back. The return trip to the Euroa SC is forecast to consume 24%, leaving 11% left in the tank upon arrival.

Now, there are a few things that could really screw us up that ABRP doesn't account for:
    1. The 24% return consumption is based on downhill driving with regen. After a week left buried in snow, the car wont be doing much regen braking for most, if not all, of the downhill section of the route. Will that 11% buffer still get us to the SC? Untested at this point.
    2. Any sort of delay getting on/off mountain is going to eat into the thin margins on battery capacity. A breakdown/traffic jam/snow chain stop and we're into clenching territory.
    3. Various other inefficiencies that could pop up along the way - headwinds/cabin heating needs/driving with chains.

Based on the above, the usual 1 week trip we do is not feasible. Weekend flings, sure.

The solution is the Mansfield SC. Once it is up and running, we could arrive at the car parks with 72% and not have to worry about the return journey at all.

9. Ludalicious

Ludalicious Member

Can you EX BMW owners stop buying model 3s... please take your...... I'm entitled attitude back to the BMW pages.....

That is all.....

10. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

You're going to loose way more than 2% vampire daily drain in really cold temps.....

• Informative x 1
  11. PJF000

PJF000 Member

drive a bit slower on the way up, put your car to sleep for the week, drive a bit slower from the base of the mountain back, and if you are still worried there is always Pinnacle and Delatite Wines on the way that have HPWC's - no need to worry! WMW.jpg

• Funny x 1
  12. Tigger

Tigger Member

PJF000 - thanks for the power saving suggestions.

By this you mean turn on range mode, turn off connectivity, turn off sentry, turn off cabin temp etc? How much drain can I expect if I do this? My searches on this still seem to report roughly 1.1% being a daily loss in best case scenario. I've been estimating with 2% to be on the safe side.

I knew that these destination chargers were in the area but wasn't sure whether casual visitors are permitted to just plug and use without being a guest. Also, I did wonder whether they would be open at 5pm or 6pm when we are likely to be going past them. The other factor is whether the kids would mind sticking around after a long day waiting an hour or so while the car tops up an extra 15%.

Oh what first world problems we face!

13. PJF000

PJF000 Member

I have an S so it will be different. Newer cars do some saving automatically, however manually turn everything off, put Power Saving to ON if you have it under Display, Safety & Security has a Power Off toggle (if you have it - check your manual) and most importantly DO NOT look at your car via your app as it will wake up every time you do.
    You could nicely ask to use the destination chargers and even offer a fee for use if they object. Maybe buy some wine or have a meal if need be, but most DC establishments I have found are usually nice about it if you are not a patron. According to Plugshare, Pinnacle charges at 22kw and delatite at 14+kw. Ring ahead before going to ensure you can access.
    If worst comes to worst you drive as slow as the car tells you to reach the SC.
    The kids can play the games on the MCU while you charge.

If you are catching a taxi from the carpark (getting kids and gear between transports) you could consider catching the bus from outside the entrance gates and save the drive up (which uses more than you gain coming down). Negative is that you are dropped at the bus stop in the village and not at your lodge. Also won't need chains if it is a blizzard.

14. paulp

paulp Active Member

A whinging thread with no mention of homelink. Not good enough people.

15. DeemandingM3

DeemandingM3 Member

My whinge: the fact that if someone in Perth is interested and wants a test drive, I have to either (a) tell them to fly to Melbourne / Brisbane / Sydney or (b) offer them my car to drive. I don't want them driving my car...!

16. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Fair Dinkum Tesla

And if it's a dedicated flight from Perth to Melbourne to test drive a Tesla it's just added to the carbon footprint.

17. DeemandingM3

DeemandingM3 Member

Indeed. Make it a multi purpose trip (AFL finals anyone?) and buy those carbon offset credits I guess...

18. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Fair Dinkum Tesla

I was thinking that but there could be some Fremantle Dockers members on here that wouldn't understand the term AFL Finals.

• Disagree x 1
  19. DeemandingM3

DeemandingM3 Member

I'm not one of those, but it's a miserable time of year as my team is pathetic, so hears to hoping West Coast don't need to bother leaving the state any more this season either :p

• Like x 1
  20. doctorwho

doctorwho Active Member

If I were a betting man, I'd wager anything on the Mansfield delay being the responsibility of AusNet, not Tesla. The Ovens charger waited 2 years for AusNet to upgrade the power supply