Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

whining noise from the rear mirror in refreshed Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

As soon as I took my refreshed model S last Sunday, I noticed a very distinct whining noise coming from the center. It sounds like a fan is consistently being toggling on and off repeatedly. It only happened when climate control is turned on. see youtube for the location and as well as hear the noise.

To reproduce this issue: make sure climate control is on, and also suggest to manually change the fan speed to 1 to reduce the climate fan noise. the sounds is light but very distinct and comes from the center rear mirror, you may have to wait a while (e.g. 1,2 mins) before it starts to make such noise.

I've brought my car to tesla service to fix other issues while raising questions about this noise. the technician verified the exists of such noise and states the noise is normal and it is a feature of the newly redesigned autopilot camera system in all refresh model S/X, and there is no way to fix it for now.

Maybe I am a little bit sensitive to noise but such whining noise is pretty annoying while I am sitting in my car to do other stuff, May I ask if any other owners of refreshed Model S/X also have such noise? I've tried to search the forum before I post but seems no one mentioned this particular noise.

Thank you!

• Informative
Reactions: yo_chill
Hi All,

As soon as I took my refreshed model S last Sunday, I noticed a very distinct whining noise coming from the center. It sounds like a fan is consistently being toggling on and off repeatedly. It only happened when climate control is turned on. see youtube for the location and as well as hear the noise.

To reproduce this issue: make sure climate control is on, and also suggest to manually change the fan speed to 1 to reduce the climate fan noise. the sounds is light but very distinct and comes from the center rear mirror, you may have to wait a while (e.g. 1,2 mins) before it starts to make such noise.

I've brought my car to tesla service to fix other issues while raising questions about this noise. the technician verified the exists of such noise and states the noise is normal and it is a feature of the newly redesigned autopilot camera system in all refresh model S/X, and there is no way to fix it for now.

Maybe I am a little bit sensitive to noise but such whining noise is pretty annoying while I am sitting in my car to do other stuff, May I ask if any other owners of refreshed Model S/X also have such noise? I've tried to search the forum before I post but seems no one mentioned this particular noise.

Thank you!

I have same issue let me know what is the issue

Upvote 0