Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whipnotic: Tesla Conspiring to Prove EVs Not Viable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FlashG on the LotusTalk forums pointed this out:

WHIPNOTIC --- THE NEW AUTOMOTIVE SHOW ON NBC TV!: TESLA SACKINGS A "BLOODBATH" : COMPANY'S CO-FOUNDER, MANY MORE GONE

Elsewhere on this blog, we've detailed the close connections between Tesla, the Bush Administration and Republican heavyweights. Is it possible that, as many say General Motors did with their "EV1", Tesla was organized in order to "prove" once more that a true battery-powered electric vehicle is untenable given today's technology? That oil-fueled internal combustion engines still make the most sense?

Hogwash! I embrace conspiracy theories as much as the next guy, but Tesla has done more than anyone to prove that EV acceptance is possibly viable "any day now". To me Tesla is proving:

#1: It is hard to start a new car company from the ground up.
#2: VCs may not have the patience it takes to do such a thing.
#3: Car companies don't follow the typical product cycle of say a software company or even a small electronic gadget company.
#4: Murphy's law applies here as much as anywhere.

I do believe that there are elements out there trying to undermine them, but I don't believe for a minute that they had planned to fail. That is ridiculous.

And by the way, stay away from the onion!

Nothing I've seen from anything from tesla shows that EV's are not viable. Hard to build sure yeah, but very possible with todays technology, just look at Think... I've seen the new Think myself, and they are very real.
I'd like to check out his claims about the Bush administration and Tesla but unfortunately he seems to have missed the main point of webpages, Hypertext. Why could he link to his silly article instead of saying it's hidden somewhere on this blog.... [sorry about that, just hate it when people obviously knows nothing about webpages but insist on running blogs...]

Cobos

I'm not much of a blogger but the mistakes on his page were plenty: First Photo caption is a paragraph below the photo and that same caption incorrectly said the Tesla was on the street of LA when it was in NY (why make up a caption if you don't know something), spellcheck "fix" with "Bernhard" Eberhard, type forgot to change back to bold after Martin's Blog quotes.

Sloppy is the word here and with it goes his lame speculation.

Sadly though, I agree that the Roaster is looking pretty pathetic in the tire a radio booths. Next year at the LA auto show Tesla should not only be there but at least spring the 100K for a decent size plot on the floor near Ferrari.