Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whispbar rack with Kayak(s)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone using/planning to use kayak carrier attachments with the Whispbar? I had asked them and they said Kayak carriers WB-400 and WB-401 will be available starting early May (not sure what the difference is between 400 and 401). Both seem to be only able to carry ONE kayak which is a bit of a bummer. I would've thought with the width of the Model S carrying two should not be an issue?

Whispbar WB401 Saddle Roller Kayak Carriers 8054001 - RackWarehouse.com

The WB400 looks like it will fit two kayaks. The 400 stores them more vertically compared to the 401 which stores flat.

wb400-1.jpg

WB400 Whispbar J-Cradle Kayak Carriers 8054002 - RackWarehouse.com

Each carrier carries one boat. But you can fit two on a car. /QUOTE]

Are you sure? From the pics it seems you need two Js for one Kayak and there doesn't seem to be room for 4?

Moreover notice there is a rope tie at the aft and fore of the car -- where will we hook this in the Model S? There is no tow hitch or anything there.

1?brandId=2.jpg

Did you read the ad copy I posted?? It says it explicitly. Whispbar Wb400 Kayak J-cradle FREE SH 8054002. Whispbar Camping Gear.

Also, the rear tie down could be brought right back to the rear whisperbar instead.