Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whistle from drivers side window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Evening all,

Fairly windy on the drive home this evening and noticed there's a whistling noise coming from the drivers side window, sounds like it's not sealed properly. I've made sure the window is fully up and can't see any sign of damage to the seal itself. Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar?

Depending on how faint the whistle is, then yes - I think I have something similar. I've attempted to put the window up a few times as I thought it might have been down slightly. I actually hear quite a bit of road noise through the door/window.

Depending on how faint the whistle is, then yes - I think I have something similar. I've attempted to put the window up a few times as I thought it might have been down slightly. I actually hear quite a bit of road noise through the door/window.

I wouldn't say it's loud but noisy enough to be annoying - I do hear a fair bit of road noise above 50-60mph but based on other comments I assume it's fairly standard. Would be interesting meeting up with another M3 owner to compare.

I wouldn't say it's loud but noisy enough to be annoying - I do hear a fair bit of road noise above 50-60mph but based on other comments I assume it's fairly standard. Would be interesting meeting up with another M3 owner to compare.
Got a pick up on Monday from West Drayton so plenty of motor way and dual carriage way stuff on way back to yellow belly land. I will keep you posted

Reactions: Christiez
I have a high pitch whistle, sounds more like top of windscreen though. It's audible above 30mph, loud at 50, and goes away over 75 ish (I presume due to airflow changing). I'll try and share a video tomorrow (have one, but can't upload here).

Tesla won't look at it unless I agree to a £72 diagnostic charge. Charge is waived if it's warranty. I've asked what wouldn't be warranty in regards to a high pitched whistling noise 2 hours into ownership, but other than 5 or 6 emails back and forwards, I haven't got anywhere.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Rooster6655
Tesla won't look at it unless I agree to a £72 diagnostic charge. Charge is waived if it's warranty. I've asked what wouldn't be warranty in regards to a high pitched whistling noise 2 hours into ownership, but other than 5 or 6 emails back and forwards, I haven't got anywhere.:rolleyes:

What sort of customer service is that, you are lucky they replied to your emails!

Evening all,

Fairly windy on the drive home this evening and noticed there's a whistling noise coming from the drivers side window, sounds like it's not sealed properly. I've made sure the window is fully up and can't see any sign of damage to the seal itself. Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar?

I have a high pitched sound between roughly 30 and 50mph. I thought it was the window, but it actually seems to be coming from the door mirror casing. I've booked it in.

Before I book a service appointment, is anyone else having condensation issues on the windscreen? Appreciate it's fairly normal to get condensation but it feels a little excessive. I run the fans for 10 mins, it clears, 5 mins later it's back. Mainly on the drivers side. I'm thinking it's linked to the noise, must be a gap somewhere.

Before I book a service appointment, is anyone else having condensation issues on the windscreen? Appreciate it's fairly normal to get condensation but it feels a little excessive. I run the fans for 10 mins, it clears, 5 mins later it's back. Mainly on the drivers side. I'm thinking it's linked to the noise, must be a gap somewhere.
Have you got re-circ on? That would make windows fog up fast in any car :)

I’ve had both the issues you have described. I booked a SC appointment- they sent out the mobile team to check it out. The technician said that there was a problem with the lining up with the roof and windscreen which forces he air into a gap. The fogging of the windscreen occurs also because of this gap. It’s now booked into the SC to be “fixed”

I await that appointment- 3 weeks away!

I’ve had both the issues you have described. I booked a SC appointment- they sent out the mobile team to check it out. The technician said that there was a problem with the lining up with the roof and windscreen which forces he air into a gap. The fogging of the windscreen occurs also because of this gap. It’s now booked into the SC to be “fixed”

I await that appointment- 3 weeks away!

Appreciate the feedback! Out of curiosity, which options did you choose from the app? I can see noise/vibration for the whistling but not sure what to choose for the condensation issue.

I opened the window and it was still making the noise, so then I felt around with my hand, round the front edge of the glass roof panel and the mirror casing. When my hand was by the mirror casing it stopped.
Have they told you you'll need to agree to £72 diagnosis fee yet? Will be waived if it turns out to be warranty, but still a kick in the teeth for a brand new car.

I was driving in the rain last night and the whistling noise went away, must be to do with a gap being filled with water. Noise is back today, but car was lovely and quiet for the first time!

Have they told you you'll need to agree to £72 diagnosis fee yet? Will be waived if it turns out to be warranty, but still a kick in the teeth for a brand new car.

I was driving in the rain last night and the whistling noise went away, must be to do with a gap being filled with water. Noise is back today, but car was lovely and quiet for the first time!
I haven’t had any contact about the service booking. I can take someone out in the car and demonstrate the sound within a few minutes, assuming I can get above 30mph!