Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whistling noise at 70mph drivers side

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you checked it for air leaks?

A member here found a leak in his windshield using a tissue and some compressed air.

Use the compressed air around the inside of the windshield and see if it will move the tissue on the outside of the windshield.

If it does, you found your problem

I am going crazy. Two trips to service and they claim they can't hear it. Drivers side by top of windshield. Anybody else heard this?
Service isn’t going to fix it for you and simply claim they cannot hear the noise. That is how they operate.

As others have said, troubleshooting where the leak is will fall on you.

I had this exact issue. After 3 attempts they fixed it. The whistling was not actually coming from where we could hear it which was crazy. Once fixed not only was the whistling gone the over all wind noise was much quieter.

Here are their tech notes.

Taped off drivers door window and test drove. Noise was gone. Tech then started inspected window. Everything looked ok. Tech tried adjusting window and test driving again. Noise was still there. Tech tried adjusting window more. Test drove and noise was still there. Got out air leak tool and test drove with it. Found noise coming from back side of side mirror. Removed drivers side mirror. Found hole through the door that was not sealed. I sealed the hole and reinstalled mirror. Test drove and noise was gone.