Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whistling noise from driver's side window area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else noticed a whistling noise on the driver's side windshield/driver's side door? I can't quite put my finger on where it's coming from. I can hear it at high or low speeds. I've never scheduled a service appointment yet, but I'm seriously considering it because it's pretty annoying.

Has anyone else noticed a whistling noise on the driver's side windshield/driver's side door? I can't quite put my finger on where it's coming from. I can hear it at high or low speeds. I've never scheduled a service appointment yet, but I'm seriously considering it because it's pretty annoying.
Yup. It is hard to pin down but I’m guessing it comes from the driver side mirror.

Reactions: Cincybearcatfa
Make sure the black plastic trim piece under the side mirror is snapped together correctly;

Reactions: Cincybearcatfa
FYI just gently tapping once the window down button results in complete resolution of the problem, making me think that it is the upper edge sliding outward against the top trim resulting in the corner losing contact. Is there a way to decrease window upward travel?

• Love
Reactions: ColoradoMike
Tesla Mobile Service came yesterday to my home, guy pointed how the entire driver door was sticking out compared to the rear door, went back to truck and came with a sledgehammer and a pin, 4-5 strategic blows (did not witness as I wanted to let him work) and he called me back, perfect seal now, the front door is recessed about a 1mm compared to rear, nothing scary. Took her up on the highway and enjoyed music without the whistling. Manufacturing defect repair zero cost.

FYI just gently tapping once the window down button results in complete resolution of the problem, making me think that it is the upper edge sliding outward against the top trim resulting in the corner losing contact. Is there a way to decrease window upward travel?
I have found this to be the exact case for myself as well. The downside for lowering the window ever so slightly is it causes more squeaks with bumps, at least in my case.

Tesla Mobile Service came yesterday to my home, guy pointed how the entire driver door was sticking out compared to the rear door, went back to truck and came with a sledgehammer and a pin, 4-5 strategic blows (did not witness as I wanted to let him work) and he called me back, perfect seal now, the front door is recessed about a 1mm compared to rear, nothing scary. Took her up on the highway and enjoyed music without the whistling. Manufacturing defect repair zero cost.
Glad to hear they were able to remedy this, I think I will be submitting a service request for it in the near future.