Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White '22 Model S - Yellow / Off-White Panels behind Auto Present Door handles???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is MSM, and the plastic cover behind door handle is definitely a different color (lighter, perhaps a bit yellow on top of silver). I thought about trying to pull it off, but it appears rather attached.

Mine are very yellowish. Someone needs to produce some high quality color matched, cut to shape wrap or vinyl to stick over those. Even gloss black would probably look nice to go with the rest of the trim which is only visible upon handle present. Have some left over black wrap at home, may cut a piece to see how it comes out.

Well that didn't take too long. ;)

Black wrap looks great IMHO. Before and after pictures.

IMG_0032.jpg
IMG_0030.jpg

Last edited:
People do not read much do they? Made it in 5 mins from some left over wrap like I mentioned 1 post above. Now just need to do the other doors.

Believe me, no talent required, a pair of scissors and a box cutter is all you need. I cut it to the correct length and a little taller than required, trimmed the top and bottom with the box cutter once in place as there is a gap both top and bottom so pretty easy to trim with a new sharp blade that is.

Definitely a nice addition even if I say so myself.

Last edited:
I guess all I can do is sigh. So many corners cut. I feel like I find something new every day. Can't wait for the Mercedes EQS SUV to be released. No chance I'm accepting my X Plaid based on my experience with the S Plaid. Decision could not be easier.

Mine are yellow along with the PPF in front of the rear wheels. More yellow than these photos. I have an appt to have Service resolve this.
(as well as the misaligned rocker in the photo)

Edit: BTW I took delivery Aug 26 and the car was manufactured Aug 12th, so it isn't like the car sat in the sun for any extended amount of time.

Attachments

• unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 96
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 98
Sorry for the necrobump, but I came here searching for a ready-made solution to this problem. I can't stand the yellow myself, and thought for sure there just be fine enterprising wrap dealer looking to gouge us on a precut kit, but I guess not. I've no skill with vinyl myself, but I'm considering plastidipping this area of I can get the handle to stay presented. Is there a way to force them to open and not retract?

Thanks

So it turns out that the handles do NOT have ppf. I was able to get the SC to order me new plastic painted parts and they replaced all four with significantly more white paint. It's no longer an annoyance for me.

I also was able to get my local PPF guy to replace the ppf on front of the rear tires with non-yellow stuff. His also wraps into the door frame so the seams are no longer visible.

Reactions: aerodyne
So it turns out that the handles do NOT have ppf. I was able to get the SC to order me new plastic painted parts and they replaced all four with significantly more white paint. It's no longer an annoyance for me.

I also was able to get my local PPF guy to replace the ppf on front of the rear tires with non-yellow stuff. His also wraps into the door frame so the seams are no longer visible.
And they did the work the first time and did not break anything in the process? Which SvC?

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
And they did the work the first time and did not break anything in the process? Which SvC?
They worked, but I had to bring the car back in because they basically did not reattach a single door panel properly. I came back the next day and they took that car right in and replaced every single clip (as they should have) . When I drove away that time, the car was significantly quieter since all the panels were not rattling around . 🤦🏻‍♂️
Also, washing the car yesterday I noticed that the passenger side door handle is scrubbing the panel and leaving scuff marks. So, yeah, they pretty much f'd up a bunch of stuff.

Agoura

They worked, but I had to bring the car back in because they basically did not reattach a single door panel properly. I came back the next day and they took that car right in and replaced every single clip (as they should have) . When I drove away that time, the car was significantly quieter since all the panels were not rattling around . 🤦🏻‍♂️
Also, washing the car yesterday I noticed that the passenger side door handle is scrubbing the panel and leaving scuff marks. So, yeah, they pretty much f'd up a bunch of stuff.

Agoura
LOL it’s amazing they can’t do things correct the first time. I don’t mean to laugh but it’s always a scary thing taking it to the service center for any fix because the fix may create more problems. I had to get one of my side cameras replaced and luckily I checked it before leaving and when I checked it it fell off.

I will say that they replaced my a/c compressor and had to take the dash apart and didn’t F anything up that I know of.