Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White AWD rejected delivery - Fremont 8/30

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You absolutely need to issue a stop check order, yes. There will probably be a small fee, but they'll understand. Do not let Tesla have the full payment until they get you a suitable car.

That was the plan. However, rates are going up. Called my CU they said if I void the check basically I would not be getting the promo rate anymore, since their rate has gone up already.

Well, if you don't mind paying interest for several months on money which you don't have, which is in Tesla's hands, while you also don't have a car, then go ahead.

I suppose it depends on the math. Calculate how much you're losing by making payments for potentially several months while giving Tesla an interest-free loan. Compare to the loss of paying a higher interest rate. Maybe it's worth paying interest on a loan which you've handed over to Tesla interest-free; it could be financially correct.

My car has fairly moderate grit/ash/dirt (forest fires in CA and WA just prior to my delivery) in its exterior seals and a pretty intense dust smell inside as well. Any recommendations on fixing this? It’s pretty bad. Took delivery in Washington state last weekend.
A good detail shop can handle smells and cleanliness. They clean cars from smokers and pet owners. I’d have a tendency to take a drive with the windows down (assuming it’s not still smoky!). Sorry that happened.

Update:
Set for redelivery next week with VIN assigned 676XX, which is lower than the previous refused VIN 677XX. Oh well, it’s probably the same batch of build from Aug, let’s just hope it’s not someone else’s rejects or reworked with any prior issues.

Anyone who refused first and got lower VIN for rematch here?

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Update:
Set for redelivery next week with VIN assigned 676XX, which is lower than the previous refused VIN 677XX. Oh well, it’s probably the same batch of build from Aug, let’s just hope it’s not someone else’s rejects or reworked with any prior issues.

The VINs arent sequential. My VIN is 108***

My guess is 60-80k VINS are California cars and 100k-120k VINs are Canadian cars

Update:

Zonela, curious if you ever got your new car and how that experience was. I’m in similar situation and trying to decide what to do:
Delivery of car that looks like it went through sandstorm

Zonela, curious if you ever got your new car and how that experience was. I’m in similar situation and trying to decide what to do:
Delivery of car that looks like it went through sandstorm

I rejected the car second time on 9/21. The VIN reassigned (679XX) was an Aug build as expected. Car was dusty for sure and this time was paint chip on rear bumper and bad alignment, same scratched center console.

Again, I saw two identical White AWD on the lot which is Sep build (VIN 88XXX and 923XX). Very clean and no major paint issue upon investigation. I called out to the manager that I’m very disappointed to get and older build for a day 1 reservation. I pointed to the Sep build car that was 10ft away and told them that’s the car I want but it was assigned to some other ppl of course. The delivery manager initially rematch me to another Sep build car in their inventory but make a mistake that was a black AWD with white interior. Then they tried to make me take the car first and come back for bumper replacement, but I was already exhausted with disappointment so I refused.

I want to escalate my case but my both ISA barely responds to emails and calls prior/after delivery date. I’m just going to CC as many people as possible. I’m a bit lost and felt bad this entire weekend because of this situation.

Some people may think that I should take the car or the issue is not a major deal breaker for them. However, when I paid 71.5k after tax fully (since 8/30) for a car I expect something better. I am not settling with a brand new car that already needs replacement here and there, that’s just me. Hope this helps.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and cwerdna
Wonder if we were one of the two white Model 3s that you saw on 9/21. Picked up ours today. VIN 887xx, black interior, sport wheels, EAP. We ordered ours 6/26. Owner. It's a 9/18 build. Received our VIN 9/18. How does that compare to your config and order? If it was ours, then it sounds like they were truthful about it already being assigned to someone. Hard to imagine them having any reason to lie if the cars were not already committed cars when otherwise they could easily swap out and have you a happy customer.

I feel for you and can understand you being down about it. So close and yet not and twice now for you. Hope my info might at least make you feel better in your dealings with them.

Last edited:
Wonder if we were one of the two white Model 3s that you saw on 9/21. Picked up ours today. VIN 887xx, black interior, sport wheels, EAP. We ordered ours 6/26. Owner. It's a 9/18 build. Received our VIN 9/18. How does that compare to your config and order? ..

Thanks, and congrats on getting the car! My config is the same as yours but with FSD. Did you noticed any issues while picking up?

I don’t think the car I saw is yours, most likely all the cars on the delivery slot are prepped for same day pick up. They are pushing out car really hard this past weekend.