Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White/Black waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There weren't enough waiting room threads so I thought I'd start another

Seriously though, somebody raised a good point: They're not making YOUR vehicle and they're not making TX, or CA, or NY vehicles, they're probably making batches of vehicles that are all the same, then assigning them to matching customers. In other words your order time, or location doesn't make as much difference as your design specs. This makes sense if you think of the painting process, so unless they have multiple paint lines (which ok, they may do) they'd be continually changing things if they did it by order date

So that being said, I chose:
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
on 6/22 and have an EDD of 9/4 through 9/24

it would be interesting to see if this theory actually has some validity

...and of course, I'm also being ever so slightly mischievous 🤡
We ordered on 7/3 and edd has bounced a little but mostly 9/18 to 9/30. For the exact same set up.

2021 MY LR | White | Black Interior | 5 Seat | 20" Induction | Tow | No FSD

Ordered: July 1

EDD: September 10 - 30
Wow, goes to show what they say on the order page is true! [Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.]

I ordered the same exact configuration on July 20 (just 19 days later) and EDD to New Jersey is Oct22 - Nov11.

Does anyone feel like they have a good idea for the time the EDD gets updated? In the past, it seemed to change sometime in the middle of the night for me , then on 8/3 changed midday and lately it seems like if it is going to change it changes at some point between 6-8am. I know I need to just quit checking all the time, but it would be easier to reduce the constant checking if I knew when it updated/changed if it is going to.

Does anyone feel like they have a good idea for the time the EDD gets updated? In the past, it seemed to change sometime in the middle of the night for me , then on 8/3 changed midday and lately it seems like if it is going to change it changes at some point between 6-8am. I know I need to just quit checking all the time, but it would be easier to reduce the constant checking if I knew when it updated/changed if it is going to.

I'm sure it changes when your car does. Meaning: after your car is painted when will it start the next process? I THINK the dates change because the car is moving through process? It has a (date)when you order, but the (date) changes when it gets in (line). If they get to putting your tow bar on and they just ran out of tow bars, they aren't going to wait for tow bars. They will move you....

Why am I typing this? I have no idea why your dates change? NO ONE DOES!!! I'll just go with what my mother taught me as I grew up.... if you want to find out why something happens??? Follow the money!!!

2021 MY Long Range | White | Black Interior | 5 Seat | 19" Gemini | Tow | No FSD
Ordered: Feb 21
EDD: 9/9 - 9/29

2021 MY Performance | White | Black Interior | 5 Seat | Tow | No FSD
Ordered: July 15
EDD: 8/19 - 8/30

No VIN for either.

Until today, it seemed to update between 5:30 and 5:40 am each day for the past week. I only noticed because I checked at 5:30, did a few things, and then it was updated. Today was different - it updated much later. I am new here, I am sure some of the veterans have a sixth sense and can just sense when it has updated. The force is strong with them.

Until today, it seemed to update between 5:30 and 5:40 am each day for the past week. I only noticed because I checked at 5:30, did a few things, and then it was updated. Today was different - it updated much later. I am new here, I am sure some of the veterans have a sixth sense and can just sense when it has updated. The force is strong with them.
Yeah, mine updated today somewhere between 12pm and 3pm. Usually if it is going to change it happens between 6-8am, for me anyway.