Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Center Console Vinyl Wraps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting Red with White Interior. I was looking at a white wrap for the center console. I don't have the car yet but was thinking about having this ordered in advance.

Not sure if I want Satin, Matte, or Carbon Fiber? Recommendations? and why?

Looking at the RPM product:
Model 3 Center Console Vinyl Wraps Gen 2- Only $39 w/ 20% off
I understand the RPM product has been problematic for some people, but looks like they redesigned it. I also like the 3-bar logo option they provide. Anyone installed this product?

I did the carbon fiber white myself from a standard roll for $24. I love it. 3M 1080.

Attachments

• 20180826_161016.jpg
    20180826_161016.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 468
I’m not sure I understand what “carbon fiber” is..... a totally different kind of material? Or is it a pattern or a texture?

What’s going to match the white seats better? I was thinking matte....

Or white satin might match the dash trim?
3M White carbon fiber is a textured vinyl material. You would want to use this because you don't want it to match the existing white used in your vehicle. Contrast effect is what I am going for.

If your strictly looking to match your existing oem white seats I would recommend you go with the matte.

Link below will take you to some samples of white matte in your car.

Amazon.com: Customer reviews: Kenriko Tesla Model 3 Matte White Console Wrap Kit

Reactions: Dre78
3M White carbon fiber is a textured vinyl material. You would want to use this because you don't want it to match the existing white used in your vehicle. Contrast effect is what I am going for.

If your strictly looking to match your existing oem white seats I would recommend you go with the matte.

Link below will take you to some samples of white matte in your car.

Amazon.com: Customer reviews: Kenriko Tesla Model 3 Matte White Console Wrap Kit
Close-up of the material 3M 1080 white carbon fiber I am using.

• Informative
Reactions: phtp
Looks great, considering doing the same on our White on White P3D+. Wondering how you did the dash, did you remove it or do it in place? If you did it in place how did you cut it?
I removed the dash. It about 3 mins very easy...link below. Cutting and placement is not so easy. I placed it with about a 1/2 inch overlap and then cut the access. The corners I stretched a tiny bit with the heat gun on low. Careful, material is delicate, too much heat/stretching, and your texture will be lost. Keep in mind the only added step from the pre-cut material is the lack of cutting. Placement issues still apply to pre-cut material.

I removed the dash. It about 3 mins very easy...link below. Cutting and placement is not so easy. I placed it with about a 1/2 inch overlap and then cut the access. The corners I stretched a tiny bit with the heat gun on low. Careful, material is delicate, too much heat/stretching, and your texture will be lost. Keep in mind the only added step from the pre-cut material is the lack of cutting. Placement issues still apply to pre-cut material.

Thanks perfect! Do you know if there are dash patterns available? I could precut at local shop if there are patterns.

I like the white carbon fiber for the center console with the white interior because the two-tone white pattern gives just a slight difference in the center that it doesn't look so "Storm Trooper". The matte still looks good but almost a bit too white over all. I think the white carbon fiber is the perfect match with the white interior. Just gotta figure out what door handle wrap would go best with the white door inserts.

I like the white carbon fiber for the center console with the white interior because the two-tone white pattern gives just a slight difference in the center that it doesn't look so "Storm Trooper". The matte still looks good but almost a bit too white over all. I think the white carbon fiber is the perfect match with the white interior. Just gotta figure out what door handle wrap would go best with the white door inserts.
Let me know what you come up with. I have the same delima. Mine is all black and I really don't want to do white or black carbon...leaning towards clear for protection only.

I have the white interior, so doing the white carbon fiber console. Not sure about the door button areas though. Maybe a black brushed metal there. If I had the black interior, I might consider something like the carbon fiber or the brushed titanium. The beauty of wraps is there are so many choices, and everyone can do them custom to their own tastes. The biggest thing is the wood strip on the dash for the standard black interior... whatever you pick shouldn't clash with that.

Looking for clarification on the dash. The 5ft piece wasn't long enough to cover the full thing and you had to use two pieces with a 1/2 inch overlap?

Looking for clarification on the dash. The 5ft piece wasn't long enough to cover the full thing and you had to use two pieces with a 1/2 inch overlap?
5ft was perfect for the dash. I cut the 5x1ft in the hortizontal direction making sure to cover the dash with only 1/2 inch of overlay. I had so much left over that I was able to cut a part out for the cupholder area and another part for the console storage door.

The console cover lid for the cell phones is the widest and the last remaining part of the vinyl was to short, only a 1 or 2 inches wider and I would have been done. So I order a 1x1ft just to cover the cell phone cover lid.

• Love
Reactions: phtp