Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Color Mismatch Unacceptable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like they are starting to really step up with these remedies. I recently received a call and was told that my issues are going to be completely resolved.

Have a door mismatch issue also but doubt they will settle for FSD. The paint correction would be blending the color on the two doors, probably costing $1,500 to fix vs. $8k charge to you for FSD (even though no cost to them).

No I said I would take FSD over fixing. Not liking the idea of a full paint job. Waiting to hear back from Tesla.

They offered a full repaint? My SC only offered to repaint the problem doors which I actually prefer over a full paint job. I don’t disagree a full car paint job would be better quality than Tesla’s original but still the idea of it makes me feel uneasy.

Last edited:
They offered a full repaint? My SC only offered to repaint the problem doors which I actually prefer over a full paint job. I don’t disagree a full car paint job would be better quality than Tesla’s original but still the idea of it makes me feel uneasy.

Tesla repainted my door and the only reason it doesn’t match is because it was impossible for the bodyshop to duplicate the poor uniformity and orange peel present on the rest of the car.

There are of course a number of factors that make up a quality paint job so ymmv

I had called KC service center yesterday after seeing the post on the rejected white MY yesterday, because i have a white/white coming and was hoping it was not one of the 6 on lot in that picture :)

my vin is also 46xxx and is on same train to chicago as yours, we are picking up 9/17.

they are sending me pics b4 I pickup to verify color matches etc

Hey did either of you guys get a call from Tesla with a possible delay? My W/W was presumably on the same train as yours headed to Chicago. It pinged in Cheyenne WY on Saturday and my SA says it doesn't looked like it moved...

There is a chance it has and it isn't showing, but curious what you guys have heard? Either you or OZKM3?

After three appointments to fix panels and paint, I feel like I deserve something. I miss the auto lane features on EAP found on our 3. I’d be happy with EAP. Seems fair for all that we have endured just to have a car that looks like it should. It costs Tesla nothing to activate.

Tesla is replacing my rear bumper via a mobile visit on 10/1. I picked up car on 6/23 and is an 11k VIN. Saw the bumper issue and reported it so it was on file. The lady at the Springfield, NJ SC has been great. She has stayed on top of it and is doing everything she can. I appreciate what she is doing. I dont have high hopes that the replacement bumper will be any better but one step at a time.

Reactions: raggedy
Tesla is replacing my rear bumper via a mobile visit on 10/1. I picked up car on 6/23 and is an 11k VIN. Saw the bumper issue and reported it so it was on file. The lady at the Springfield, NJ SC has been great. She has stayed on top of it and is doing everything she can. I appreciate what she is doing. I dont have high hopes that the replacement bumper will be any better but one step at a time.

Keep us updated. Very curious if it is better.

I also got my car from Springfield. They initially said it would either be a bumper replacement through a mobile tech visit (like you) or a repaint. Got a call now saying they're repainting the bumper at a body shop. Let's see how it goes.

I also got my car from Springfield. They initially said it would either be a bumper replacement through a mobile tech visit (like you) or a repaint. Got a call now saying they're repainting the bumper at a body shop. Let's see how it goes.

I would prefer they repaint mine. I dont expect the new bumper to be any better. If its not better then I will push for a re-paint.

Please keep us updated. Thanks!

Hey everyone! Accepted my 44xxx w/w MY today. Doors rear doors need some adjustments, some scratches, etc. Anyway....

The doors were fine, paint-wise, but you can see my bumper is a little yellow. Also, my FRONT bumper is a little more white than pearl, but matches okay.

Attachments

• 20200922_120657.jpg
    20200922_120657.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: kelly
Hey everyone! Accepted my 44xxx w/w MY today. Doors rear doors need some adjustments, some scratches, etc. Anyway....

The doors were fine, paint-wise, but you can see my bumper is a little yellow. Also, my FRONT bumper is a little more white than pearl, but matches okay.

Congrats man! Looks like mine. Show us more pics. I want to see pics of the side. Again, congrats

• Love
Reactions: KyleATMn
I would prefer they repaint mine. I dont expect the new bumper to be any better. If its not better then I will push for a re-paint.

Please keep us updated. Thanks!

Car is still with the body shop. Hopefully done this week.

My bumper did not look that yellow in direct sunlight compared to yours. Have you compared it in the shade / out of direct sunlight?