Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White/Cream Has Black Pillars and Header

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got the chance to sit in a buddy’s new Plaid. What a beauty! He has the cream interior, but I saw that everything above the door level was black. In my 2020 M3 with white interior, all inside fabrics are white. I think the black darkens what I thought would be a bright interior. I ordered the cream interior on my S order but am disappointed there isn’t an option for cream colored pillars and headers. Anyone else have this nit to pick?

I agree. My 2020 cream interior has black carpet, black seat backs and doors (except for an insert), and black pillars and headliners. That is how they are made now. Black is so 1980s German. Tesla lags in both exterior and interior color selection. I was happy my red exterior paint at least covered the body panels. Have lowered expectations so you will be happy when it arrives. My Longhair white dog turns most of the black into white in short order anyway. :) I really should vacuum more often.

Americans love black interiors. I am always amazed at the number of Bentleys and Rolls Royces where you can get any color interior you want, with contrasting piping, and coordinating tones on the dash, headliner, etc. To see one of these cars in all-black, tomb black interior, and usually black exterior too, I feel like asking why the person bothered to get one. The manufacturer will even provide an interior designer for those without necessary skills. It just seems so old to get a car with all black interior. I usually say it is a throwback to the 1980s German fad of all black and not even any chrome. This fad evidently is still with us. Manufacturers love it because it saves them money, and they can even charge extra for the blacked out effect.