Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Door handle vinyl - Abstract Ocean vs Nikola Pro? Others?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mrcarcrazy

In need of a shrinking gun to zap a plaid with.
May 22, 2019
South Padre Island, Tx
I'm curious if anyone has laid eyes on both the Abstract Ocean and the Nikola Pro color matched door handles on a white Tesla. If you have, which one is a closer match?

Hopefully some of you in more Tesla dense areas have seen this and have an opinion. I’m trying to avoid having to order both.

Alternatively if anyone knows of a vinyl that is a very close match I’ll try that too.

Thanks in advance.

I have the Nikola Pro Door Handle Wrap Kit on my Model 3 and it's a very close match since it actual does have pearl flakes in the vinyl.

Ordered them off Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GNY3F95/

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

I heard from other owners and feedback on Abstract Ocean's product page that its just a flat white and in different lighting may look vanilla.

I have the abstract ocean ones and they look great. There is some sort of sparkling effect, its not exact like the paint however its also not flat.

I believe that both Abstract Ocean and the Nikola ones will be the same 3M 1080 Vinyl material. The companies don't produce their own vinyl.

Edit, i just looked at both the sites and confirmed they are using the same material. There will be no difference in the color between the two.

Last edited:
I have the abstract ocean ones and they look great. There is some sort of sparkling effect, its not exact like the paint however its also not flat.

I believe that both Abstract Ocean and the Nikola ones will be the same 3M 1080 Vinyl material. The companies don't produce their own vinyl.

Edit, i just looked at both the sites and confirmed they are using the same material. There will be no difference in the color between the two.
Greatly appreciate the info from both of y’all.

I went ahead and ordered abstract oceans.

One thing that bothers me about these door handle wrap kits is that they don’t wrap around the entire handle. I just bought a 12” x 12” sheet of 3m vinyl wrap and did it myself. It’s really simple tbh.
I agree with that, the edge being exposed is different. I’m curious to see what it looks like IRL.

I am curious to see the different whites. If the AO disappoints I may just have them painted as I don’t think any of the vinyls are perfect.

That Diy video has horrific oversaturation issues. But his choice of vinyl will stand out as wrong in sunlight.

I agree with that, the edge being exposed is different. I’m curious to see what it looks like IRL.

I am curious to see the different whites. If the AO disappoints I may just have them painted as I don’t think any of the vinyls are perfect.

That Diy video has horrific oversaturation issues. But his choice of vinyl will stand out as wrong in sunlight.
Yea you’re never going to get a perfect match with vinyl. But most people won’t notice since it’s such a small part of the car. If you look at your bumper compared to the rest of the car, you will notice it doesn’t quite match either.

I agree. That Gold Sparkle will not match at all. The closest is 3M Satin Frozen Vanilla (which is what Abstract Ocean uses). We have it on our handles and it is a really close (but not perfect) match. Some other person on these forums had some really good pictures. Let me find a link.

Yea you’re never going to get a perfect match with vinyl. But most people won’t notice since it’s such a small part of the car. If you look at your bumper compared to the rest of the car, you will notice it doesn’t quite match either.
This is the one benefit of having terrible vision. I cannot tell a difference in color between the bumper and the fender.

I drove my wife crazy with colors when we were painting the last house...shades of the same color are the same as far as I’m concerned. However blatant mismatches drive me nuts. Once I owned a second gen Miata that was painted with a single stage paint (no clear coat). It got stuck in a hail storm and the new hood never matched (clear coated). Drove me nuts.

On the Tesla I swear, either I’m lucky, or they are insanely close in color.

• Funny
Reactions: hydro 481
Thank you!! Yeah that looks like it will satisfy my level of crazy. So very close that it shouldn’t offend me. I’m cautiously optimistic.
It's hard to judge base on pictures. Ambient lighting can really change how the wrap looks. And I'm sure it can vary from person to person. If you're really concern about getting a good match, best thing for you to do is order a bunch of samples of white vinyl from a site like Metro Restyling

They offer 3" x 5" sample size for a $1. Get a bunch of shade of gloss whites and compare. Then you can order a bigger sheet to wrap the handles.

I'll check but I should have a couple samples of different gloss whites, including frozen vanilla. Right now my car is wrapped in gray but it's actually white underneath. Door jambs are still white so I'll see if I can take a picture of the different samples against the Tesla white.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
086A90E1-2D53-4C3A-9835-4CCB2540778A.jpeg
D123692B-6C3C-448E-B44A-62C15F09FD96.jpeg
I didn’t realize abstract ocean was a Texas company. I guess I’ll have to order more from them now. Ughhh. Darn the luck.

Got my handle decals in today and just installed. This is LED ceiling lighting in my garage. Tomorrow I’ll get some natural light pics.

Car is dirty. (I cleaned the handles).

It’s close. It does have some pearl to it. Which makes the color change a little. I’m not offended so far.

View attachment 444068 View attachment 444063 I didn’t realize abstract ocean was a Texas company. I guess I’ll have to order more from them now. Ughhh. Darn the luck.

Got my handle decals in today and just installed. This is LED ceiling lighting in my garage. Tomorrow I’ll get some natural light pics.

Car is dirty. (I cleaned the handles).

It’s close. It does have some pearl to it. Which makes the color change a little. I’m not offended so far.
It's a decent match but lacking some sparkle.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy