TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

White Ext / Black Int - Show your tint please

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by 1.21Gpa, Sep 27, 2019.

1. 1.21Gpa

1.21Gpa Member

I have been looking at a number of tint combos/options and I am trying to find specific examples of white exterior and black interior tint. I am thinking 30-40% on all side windows and 70% back window AND windshield. My goal is to not drastically change the roof section tint over the rear seat. I am hoping to achieve a very balanced tint shade all around the vehicle. I have seen some where the front vs back look very different from the side due to windshield/rear-window variance. Has anyone done this or similar? Please share your thoughts or pics if you have something similar.

2. XLR82XS

XLR82XS D M C

3. LVBrian

LVBrian New Member

How does this darkness affect the dimming side mirrors? can you still see at night?

Thanks

4. 1.21Gpa

1.21Gpa Member

That looks amazing!

Unfortunately it is too dark for local laws and although I want to push beyond legal I can't justify that dark in my area. I am thinking equal darkness on sides and then the 70% front/rear will help with the scenario where the drivers/front passenger window look so much lighter due to light entering from windshield.

I saw a blue one on here a while back that had a setup similar to what i am trying to achieve but I haven't been able to find it again. It was also white interior.

Anyway, keep the pics coming for any of you out there that have white/black tint setups. Thank you!

5. Teslum8

Teslum8 Member

I just did 50% ceramic all around (front, rear windows, and back windshield). I was going back and forth between 35% and 50%, but decided on 50%..... wanted to be able to still see at night. I’m happy with the 50%.

Attached Files:

6. JBare

JBare Member

pic_shot_1568412740922.jpg IMG_20190302_132219924_HDR.jpg I did 35% on the sides and big rear piece. No need for me to do the sunroof section, it's been done this summer in VA. I should take new pics in the sun

• Like x 1
  7. JBare

JBare Member

I was nervous about diminishing my view at night but it has worked out fine for me so far

8. XLR82XS

XLR82XS D M C

It's not as dark as it looks in that photo. From my 25 years of experience 70% is too light to bother with if you're paying for tint. 50% shield-specific film is great for windshields since it is barely visible from a darkness standpoint.

9. firebird8302

firebird8302 Member

This is 25%.

70139171_1608731362585502_3635856782917632000_o.jpg

10. Livex

Livex Member

Here’s 30% all around except for front windshield

Attached Files: