Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White exterior Model S owners with aftermarket black rims: pictures?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For White Model S owners that put aftermarket black rims on their car, could you post a picture of your setup including the manufacturer and size? I've seen plenty of white MS with the turbine wheels, but I am trying to decide on an aftermarket black wheel. Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:
I have been hording pictures of aftermarket rims trying to prepare to make an upgrade decision to 20s in a few months.

Here are a few for ya all on white. most are black rims. (these are not my photos, so credits go out to others who posted these on the forums or wherever I found them, google image search, etc):

_01.jpg
06-IMG_0198.jpg
enkei_raijin19.jpg
forgestar2.jpg
Forgestarc5fv.jpg
IMG_6253.jpg
IMG_6283.jpg
IMG_7443.jpg
PhotoGrid_1376201815253.jpg
Tesla Model S Black Out-4.jpg
Tesla Model S Black Out-6.jpg
Tesla Model S Black Out-7.jpg
Tesla Model S Black Out-8.jpg
Tesla-Model-S-On-ADV1-Wheels-By-C3Photography-06.jpg
Tesla-Model-X-rear-wheel-at-Battery-Swap-Event-1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

wwwSupercarFocuscom4Large_zps165c527f.jpg
10458916934_a638b6cfe3_b.jpg
10458916136_abbd21e221_c.jpg

Love the ADV1's and the look from AG Studios. Painting the lower strips works well on white; makes the car look even lower. I wonder how that would look in MC red?

Yes I agree on white it looks like a really cool lower body extension. Not so sure on black. I'm actually in talks with my XPEL installer for wrapping all of the lower side rockers and front and rear valences in 3M Carbon Fiber wrap (black car). I think that would look pretty cool...

rocking collection of pictures, yobi! thanks for chiming in. Man, the turbine wheels still look great to me, but they're sooooooo expensive, I just can't justify their price. Those white calipers definitely look nice.I like the forgestar set the best of the non-turbines, but I wish they were larger in size.

You also answered another question of mine: how a white car looks with the chrome blacked out. I actually love the blacked out chrome look on the Tag Motorsports car.

This may not be a popular opinion...but...some of these are depressingly tacky. I thought higher of Model S owners. Some of them look sweet, though. Moderation is key.

Well if we're doing Vote for the Worst, I'm going with Butler's (the last 2 of the pics). They leave too much open space which makes the brake discs look undersized and the ride height seems inconsistent on that car, i.e. the rear is higher than the front.

I'll throw in my wheels to the mix. 22" Vossen CV4 powder coated gloss black (also got black lugs now). :)

nice photos logan. Do you know what the width of the rims are in the front and rear and the exact tire specs? I know Vossen has stated that the can fit both 20" and 22" at 10.5" width on the fronts and I'm dying to know what tires (eg. 255/xx, 265/xx, 275/xx, 285/xx) and offsets they are using...

nice photos logan. Do you know what the width of the rims are in the front and rear and the exact tire specs? I know Vossen has stated that the can fit both 20" and 22" at 10.5" width on the fronts and I'm dying to know what tires (eg. 255/xx, 265/xx, 275/xx, 285/xx) and offsets they are using...

Thank you! I'm running the staggered 22x9" and 22x10.5" setup. I was originally told you could not run the 10.5" wheels in the front without rubbing but apparently they have gotten the 10.5" to fit up front when running a 5mm or 10mm spacer (forgot what size they said). I have 255/25/22 up front and 305/25/22 in the rear.

Thank you! I'm running the staggered 22x9" and 22x10.5" setup. I was originally told you could not run the 10.5" wheels in the front without rubbing but apparently they have gotten the 10.5" to fit up front when running a 5mm or 10mm spacer (forgot what size they said). I have 255/25/22 up front and 305/25/22 in the rear.

yeah thats what I've been looking for - whether or not its possible to run 275/35/20s (Continental ExtremeContact DWS) or 285/35/20s (Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3) all around. I'd prefer to do that than a staggered approach so that I could still rotate tires. If it's possible to do that using a particular offset size and spacer's that'd be awesome.

awesome looking setup, Logan! Probably the best combo with the white I've seen so far. I was just down in San Diego two weeks ago, would have loved to see it in person. The 22s fill the wheel well really nicely.

Also, is your chrome blacked out? Vinyl or plasti?

Hey Logan did you wrap in white the bottom sills or paint? Want to do that, makes the car "sit" much cleaner! Nice job!

awesome looking setup, Logan! Probably the best combo with the white I've seen so far. I was just down in San Diego two weeks ago, would have loved to see it in person. The 22s fill the wheel well really nicely.

Also, is your chrome blacked out? Vinyl or plasti?

Let me know if you are ever headed to SD and I would be happy to show it to you in person! :)

The majority of the chrome is vinyl wrapped gloss black (front grille trim, fog light trim, window trim, rear valance trim, and side skirt trim). The rest was painted gloss black due to tight fitment to achieve a better finish (side mirror trim, trunk trim).

There's a couple other photos that give a better view of the trim in my thread here.

Hey Logan did you wrap in white the bottom sills or paint? Want to do that, makes the car "sit" much cleaner! Nice job!

The bottom is wrapped. Originally was going to do a Satin Guard on the paint to protect the paint and give it a satin finish, but realized it would be a hassle to sand the lower panels, paint them to match the factory paint, and THEN wrap them. Instead, I wrapped the entire car (including lower panels) 3M Satin Pearl White. I also really love the lowered appearance from matching the bottom panels.