Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White, gray, or red?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't go wrong with Red. You can always have Xpel wrap put on the front.
White looks good with the chrome delete and black rims too.
IMG_20200826_123735 (1).jpg

Reactions: DanDi58 and Reborn
Grey! I wanted white at first but that front bumper in white doesn't look as good.. SInce there's no grill it's blinding and grey hides this better.

Attachments

• 656C9D8F-5092-4C02-AF90-5C65270E1EC0.JPG
    656C9D8F-5092-4C02-AF90-5C65270E1EC0.JPG
    665.3 KB · Views: 106
  • E5C5AAF3-E598-4153-8DCE-C23188327F14.JPG
    E5C5AAF3-E598-4153-8DCE-C23188327F14.JPG
    801.3 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: DanDi58
I ordered white with Inductions, but am considering changing to MSM now because far too many white MYs have terribly matched bumpers (the one on this thread is a perfect example), or they have mismatched doors AND/OR splotchy paint.

The MSM with Inductions looks nice too, and the red is super nice, but I don't want to pay an extra 2k for a color.

I ordered white with Inductions, but am considering changing to MSM now because far too many white MYs have terribly matched bumpers (the one on this thread is a perfect example), or they have mismatched doors AND/OR splotchy paint.

The MSM with Inductions looks nice too, and the red is super nice, but I don't want to pay an extra 2k for a color.
My white isn't anything like the one in this thread. Paint on mine is good, but it was also born 11 days ago so not of the earliest cars. Frankly all of the color options look great on this car in my opinion...

Reactions: raggedy
My white isn't anything like the one in this thread. Paint on mine is good, but it was also born 11 days ago so not of the earliest cars. Frankly all of the color options look great on this car in my opinion...

That's great news!

Maybe if you have the time you can post pics of your car on this thread:
White Color Mismatch Unacceptable

To help assure those of us who are on the fence about our white orders. The more well painted white MYs we see the better!

enjoy!

Reactions: Darmie
I've had all three colors over the last eight years (2012 Pearl white Plug-In Prius, 2014 Metallic Gray Volt, 2017 Cajun Red Bolt) ....

White- showed bugs/tar/chips like no other color. Super frustrating front end damage due to rock chips as the plastic nose is made of black plastic which is very noticeable when the white top coat is chipped off.

Red - above conditions were less noticeable than with white, rock chips were still pretty bad, but you had to get close to notice them. Keep in mind, that the nose is made of black plastic under the red top coat.

Gray is the best with all the above, and since the electro-coat primer under the top coat is dark rock chips hardly show on metal parts. Same goes for nose rock chips with the black plastic underneath.

My MY order is for Midnight Silver.

Last edited:
Reactions: Holgerson