Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White House Petition: Provide Electric Vehicle charging on Federal property.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, we want spending to decrease. Investments that will pay off in a radically improved economy later, not so much.

Although I will say I'd be willing to even forgo a reasonable investment like this, if we could just get the government to cut all of the petroleum incentives.

Last edited:
We the people petition for charging stations

The federal government is investing Billions to encourage the purchase of electric vehicles.

This is a wise investment to be sure but why aren't there designated places to charge in places the federal government owns and operates?

Lets send a message to Washington... spend a small fraction of what is spent on the EV tax credit to ensure EV owners can visit our National treasures without having to resort to burning oil.

http://wh.gov/dJoK

I stopped at the Audubon Society's station on Plum Island to enjoy some birding on the wintry Atlantic coast. Before I had even pulled into the EV-only parking spot, another birder rushed over, excited to see the Model S in the wild. As I plugged in (the Audubon Society has two free ChargePoints), we talked. He was disappointed that he couldn't afford a Model S, but he clearly bore me no ill-will that I could.

"And even if I could afford an EV," he went on to say, "my employer will never install charging at work."
"Where do you work?" I asked.
"The VA hospital."

If the President's goal of a million EVs is to become a reality, the federal government needs to lead by example. Other employers see the benefit of installing EV charging; why not the federal government? If our National Parks are supposed to be a haven for wildlife, why not provide infrastructure so that people don't have to drive vehicles there that harm both the local and global environment?

signed, but only 100 or so signatures??

From the whitehouse.gov page...

It's up to you to build support for petitions you care about and gather more signatures. A petition must get 150 signatures in order to be publicly searchable on WhiteHouse.gov.

So, until it collects another 42 signatures (as of now), it will be slow going. Granted the wh.gov/dJoK link posted here will give all TMC members access to the petition before it becomes publicly searchable.