Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White House Petition Requesting Competitive Bidding for Military Satellite Launches

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Curt Renz

Mar 5, 2013
USA
I’ve created a White House petition requesting competitive bidding for the launches of military satellites. Recently only the United Launch Alliance was considered by the Air Force for a new long term contract. SpaceX is apparently not in the clique, despite ULA using Russian engines.

There is a requirement of 150 signatures before the petition is publicly viewable on the open petitions page. Until then only those who know a URL can sign.

Short URL: http://wh.gov/lf4vb

The requirement for a White House response is 100,000 signatures by May 25[SUP]th[/SUP]. Please consider signing, and then making others aware through email or social media.

Also consider emailing your Representative and two Senators in Congress.

Please reply to this post to let everyone here know that you have signed. :smile:

Last edited:
Actually, New Zealand is really on of the states of Australia (may as well be with all the Kiwis Down Under....). :wink:

....and, will sign the petition as soon as the password reset email comes through.....

With Union Jack in both of your flags, I would think something other...

Maybe I need to sign the Petition too:

As shareholder of SpaceX... nope. As citizen of Republic of Finn... nope. As occupant of this Earth where the United States Armed Forces works as The World Police[SUP]tm[/SUP], I demand USDOD* to change its contract acquiring processes.

*(And where NRO listens my phone)

What is this -35? Even total trolling petition have more signatures (like Alaska to Russia, overturn Communistic regimes) come on now. Wield the power of the Social Media! Spam all the news sites comment sections with links to the petition (on articles about SpaceX). Make Facebook and Twitter account/pages for this cause and spam everyone with them and so on...

(I still think only US taxpayers should sign...)

What is this -35? Even total trolling petition have more signatures ...

I think we are burnt out after the original petition to have Tesla be allowed to sell directly in all 50 states. The number of signatures didn't matter. It seems pretty clear, the petition site is NOT about raising issues. It is about gathering email addresses for political SPAM.