Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White interior — to protect or not to protect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
White here, cleans up fine - mine has perforated centre sections which I thought might go grubby but so far (25,000 miles between me and original owner) all looks good as new apart from a tiny tiny bit of discolouration/creasing marks on the drivers seat base bolster. Not tried scrubbing it yet though.

This works well I find after a clean.

View attachment 681813
I got some of this stuff from Amazon, was about to put it on today (on the cloth, wipe on, the buff out) but have read a couple of other threads on here that suggests that it leaves streaks on the faux leather surfaces that is hard to remove, and that it should only be used on the plastics?

This video in particular gave me pause for thought:

Can anyone confirm? I had hoped to just use it on pretty much every surface in the car, to protect it against UV etc, but now I’m concerned…

I got some of this stuff from Amazon, was about to put it on today (on the cloth, wipe on, the buff out) but have read a couple of other threads on here that suggests that it leaves streaks on the faux leather surfaces that is hard to remove, and that it should only be used on the plastics?

This video in particular gave me pause for thought:

Can anyone confirm? I had hoped to just use it on pretty much every surface in the car, to protect it against UV etc, but now I’m concerned…

You can use it on any plastic surfaces including the seat "leather". Any "streaks" are absolutely not hard to remove. Wipe over again if you don't get it even the first time. The example on the video was nonsense ... he had the stuff wet on one area and not covering the other part so it was part treated ... just make sure the whole area is wiped wet before buffing. He then removed it with another product! If he had just wiped it with the 303 he would have had a decent result! Yes, its possible to get streaks but it's by no means a "problem".

• Helpful
Reactions: Durzel
Alas, found another problem this morning with the white seats.. they're starting to fracture from being sat on.

Given they're 2 years old and a good year of that was spent parked up in lockdown.. not impressed.

Can they be saved or do I have to just use covers from now on?

Attachments

• PXL_20210710_142337110.jpg
    PXL_20210710_142337110.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 220