Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

White interior — to protect or not to protect?

A few people use this: Gyeon Q² Leather Shield 50 ml: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike to protect their seats.

However, in my experience so far (2.5k miles from Dec) and alot of YouTube; it seems that the seats don't need as much protection as typical leather as they're 'Vegan' leather. I've spilt McDonalds Salsa, Mud, Dirt etc on the seats so far and it's all come off with a bit of rubbing with an un-scented Baby-wipe. Hence I've opted to not go with any additional protection.

The only parts of the white interior that I'm nervous about staining is the stitching, as it's just 'normal' cotton stitching and rubbing with a baby wipe doesn't see to do much to get any stains out.

Excellent. Thanks, I think we'll go for a full treatment inside and out then.
I'd say you are wasting your money on the interior treatment. I thought I'd read somewhere that Tesla don't recommend treating their vegan leather, but I could have been mistaken. It's worth a Google before you spend the cash.

Reactions: gangzoom and Burley

gangzoom

May 22, 2014
Uk
You really don't need to bother protecting the seats, this is what ours look like after 3.5 years and 40k. Can you tell they have been used nearly everyday to carry kids?

Everything just wipes of them.....I really mean everything you can imagine a toddler could produce!!

50096970896_9742deb7d2_4k_d.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: PV4EV and Durzel

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC