TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

White interior and infant/child car seat protectors

Discussion in 'Model X' started by beelz8282, Mar 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. beelz8282

beelz8282 New Member

I have seen past threads with suggestions for child seat protectors and generally the recommendations are below:
    I have white seats in my X and am concerned about permanent transfer of blue color from the Brica or melting of rubber/foam from Prince Lionheart.

upload_2018-3-2_12-7-33.png upload_2018-3-2_12-10-12.png

Anyone have long-term experience with any of the seats above in white interior to help with real-world experience?

Any suggestion for better alternatives that work with white interior?

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  2. cstromme

cstromme Member

We have 2 car seats (a Cybex Sirona and a Cybex M-Fix), both with the gray Prince Lionheard 2-piece seat saver. Have used them in the X for over a year now, and there's not a single mark or discoloration on the seats. In fact the girls' seats (2 middle ones in a 6-seat) look the most pristine of all the seats, including the 2 in the back that are rarely ever used.

• Love x 1
  3. outie

outie Active Member

Also 2 car seats here with prince Lionheart protectors for 17 months in my X. No issue with melting.

• Like x 1
  4. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

Anyone have experience with the Clek Mat Thingy seat protector and white X seats?

5. beelz8282

beelz8282 New Member

6. pakman00

pakman00 Member

We have had our white interior model X for about 8 mos using that Brica seat cover. Don't see any marks/ staining.

7. blake6551

blake6551 Member

I've had the Brica and Clek protectors in my X for almost a year now. No issues at all with either.

• Like x 1
  8. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Active Member

Sheooot, I didn't even know those existed. I use a fleece throw blanket

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  9. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

If you’re serious that’s a bad and dangerous idea. The fleece blanket doesn’t have friction with the seat underneath it, allowing the child seat to slip in an accident. This would defeat the purpose of the child seat!

10. Terthen

Terthen Member

I had read depending on the manufacturer this can sometimes be ok. I use a small towel. Our car seats are made by Britax. I contacted them directly and they said this is fine...

• Helpful x 1
  11. cstromme

cstromme Member

What am I missing here? The child seat is fixed in place right? Friction with the seat itself shouldn't be an issue.

12. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Active Member

Yup I'm serious. I have the seat locked in from every possible direction. I'm pretty flippin strong and I can barely shift the thing on the seat.

13. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

If fixed with a seat belt, it can slip around if the contact between seat bottom and Tesla's seats is "slippery."

14. cstromme

cstromme Member

No ISOFIX in the US?

15. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Vendor

I'm using Diono Grip It mat with Maxi Cosi Axissfix with no issues (white seats). Axissfix doesn't really rub the seat back so I just fold the Grip It mat in half and use it right under the car seat.

Grip It Mat | Prevent Slipping Car Seats | Diono US

16. dethman

dethman Member

i just put in the brica seat protector and after one day i removed it and there were already creases in the seat from the rubber 'X' pads. hoping it will puff itself out. anyone have experience with seat marks after putting a brica protector on?

17. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

I've used the Diono Ultra Mat and it DID transfer grey dye from its backing onto the white seat after a couple of months use, which has so far proved impossible to remove. So I would cross that one off your list!

• Informative x 3
  18. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Vendor

Diono Grip It is black rubber and there's no transfer of color/dye from the mat, in my case.

19. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

Yes, we have one of those too and it was fine for the couple of months we had it fitted. It was only the Diono Ultra with the grey backing that caused a major problem for us (the one linked in the OP's first post). So the OP should definitely not buy the Diono Ultra!

• Like x 1