Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White interior and infant/child car seat protectors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen past threads with suggestions for child seat protectors and generally the recommendations are below:
I have white seats in my X and am concerned about permanent transfer of blue color from the Brica or melting of rubber/foam from Prince Lionheart.

upload_2018-3-2_12-7-33.png
upload_2018-3-2_12-10-12.png

Anyone have long-term experience with any of the seats above in white interior to help with real-world experience?

Any suggestion for better alternatives that work with white interior?

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-2_12-7-2.png
    upload_2018-3-2_12-7-2.png
    430.7 KB · Views: 365
We have 2 car seats (a Cybex Sirona and a Cybex M-Fix), both with the gray Prince Lionheard 2-piece seat saver. Have used them in the X for over a year now, and there's not a single mark or discoloration on the seats. In fact the girls' seats (2 middle ones in a 6-seat) look the most pristine of all the seats, including the 2 in the back that are rarely ever used.

Sheooot, I didn't even know those existed. I use a fleece throw blanket

If you’re serious that’s a bad and dangerous idea. The fleece blanket doesn’t have friction with the seat underneath it, allowing the child seat to slip in an accident. This would defeat the purpose of the child seat!

I had read depending on the manufacturer this can sometimes be ok. I use a small towel. Our car seats are made by Britax. I contacted them directly and they said this is fine...

• Helpful
Reactions: MelaniainLA
If you’re serious that’s a bad and dangerous idea. The fleece blanket doesn’t have friction with the seat underneath it, allowing the child seat to slip in an accident. This would defeat the purpose of the child seat!
Yup I'm serious. I have the seat locked in from every possible direction. I'm pretty flippin strong and I can barely shift the thing on the seat.

Reactions: croman
i just put in the brica seat protector and after one day i removed it and there were already creases in the seat from the rubber 'X' pads. hoping it will puff itself out. anyone have experience with seat marks after putting a brica protector on?

Diono Grip It is black rubber and there's no transfer of color/dye from the mat, in my case.

Yes, we have one of those too and it was fine for the couple of months we had it fitted. It was only the Diono Ultra with the grey backing that caused a major problem for us (the one linked in the OP's first post). So the OP should definitely not buy the Diono Ultra!

Reactions: hiroshiy