Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White interior available for AWD /nonP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's certainly interesting... Elon said they could make 1k/week white interiors for now.... so either they found a way to drastically ramp that up basically overnight... or they got (and/or expect to continue to get) WAY less P orders than they originally thought.
Probably a little of both up'ed production and lower than expected P Orders/White Interior addons

Reactions: commasign
It's certainly interesting... Elon said they could make 1k/week white interiors for now.... so either they found a way to drastically ramp that up basically overnight... or they got (and/or expect to continue to get) WAY less P orders than they originally thought.
I think you’re discounting the most obvious possibility. There was never a limit and the “limit” was set to maximize profits. How hard could it possibly be to source white vinyl? It was planned to be released Fall 2017.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
It's high time that PUP was made optional... I'd rather have the textile seats and save 5k... been holding out
I can say with confidence that is probably not happening any time soon. They’ll ship internationally before that happens. Every move they’re making is to maximize profits. No way the non PUP model will cost $5k less to build.

We've been waiting for white seats, LR or SR, for my wife's car. AWD at $4k with full tax credit versus maybe half credit waiting for white seats on LR RWD was not too hard to decide. We ordered AWD, red, white interior, EAP, Sep - Nov delivery estimate.

We have had our X with white seats for nearly a year and a half. I wiped the interior down last week for the first time. No kids helps, but it's not a fussy interior. That includes a bunch of family kids playing in the X with shoes on, climbing on the seats and over the front center console arm rest. It just doesn't grab onto dirt like a fabric might. And you can sit on the seats when it's 115F outside even without Cabin Overheat Protection enabled.

Reactions: pilotSteve
If ordered on 6/26, getting the lifetime free data, will editing order to white interior eliminate the free data?

You pro forma MVPA doesn’t change ..that is date of ur order ..the seats cost $~1500 ...the data costs $100/yr...u plan on keeping this for 15 years assuming that ur change elminates free data ??

If ordered on 6/26, getting the lifetime free data, will editing order to white interior eliminate the free data?

I'm going to call them first thing tomorrow, and ask them about it before editing my order. If changing it online updates the order date, perhaps I can get a sales rep over the phone to do it at their end without changing the date.

EDIT:
OK, I lied. I was deathly afraid of my edit link disappearing by morning, so after reading on Facebook that someone else had already called and confirmed that order date won't change, I went ahead and updated to white interior. It will be a shame if Facebook is wrong, but really, what are the chances of that? ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Arpe
tried to edit my order to consider white and I don't see that as an option. I don't like the white anyways (even less for $1500), but I wanted to at least see it as a selectable option

EDIT: I now see the option

Last edited:
There isn't a good reason for why white seats cost more. And there isn't a good reason why there isn't a free white paint, either.
can't argue that, but they got me good, i would have gone for a more basic white if it was cheaper and white interior and saved 3k. 3k is no joke just to get a decent color for my Climate. black is no good when it's 118 out!

I'm going to pony up on this one knowing it may not be the best decision, i would have opted for any color car and interior than black...

can't argue that, but they got me good, i would have gone for a more basic white if it was cheaper and white interior and saved 3k. 3k is no joke just to get a decent color for my Climate. black is no good when it's 118 out!

I'm going to pony up on this one knowing it may not be the best decision, i would have opted for any color car and interior than black...

Would probably save ~$2k by getting all black and then tinting all of the glass with quality film. Not sure there'd be a noticeable difference in temperature at that point. I also plan on using the preconditioning most of the time, too.