Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White interior available for AWD /nonP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There isn't a good reason for why white seats cost more. And there isn't a good reason why there isn't a free white paint, either.
There's no apparent reason for the lack of a plain white paint option. However the lack of Obsidian originally, and it seemingly randomly gets added with no price boost (if anything it undercuts the Red & Pearl increases), suggests that just offering the full Model S palette isn't entirely straight forward?

There's no apparent reason for the lack of a plain white paint option. However the lack of Obsidian originally, and it seemingly randomly gets added with no price boost (if anything it undercuts the Red & Pearl increases), suggests that just offering the full Model S palette isn't entirely straight forward?

Obsidian with white is a nice combination. Obsidian is reportedly easier to maintain than limo black.

Reactions: ℬête Noire
I changed to White and estimated delivery still shows Sept '18 to Nov '18 as before. I ordered on 6/27. Order agreement did updated to 7/24 date. Not sure if it is going to lose free internet or not I guess we will see.

You won't. This has been asked many times and confirmed by Tesla as well. The cutoff on free internet is based on when you placed your initial order (not reservation, actual order deposit) and any edits don't change that.

You won't. This has been asked many times and confirmed by Tesla as well. The cutoff on free internet is based on when you placed your initial order (not reservation, actual order deposit) and any edits don't change that.

Cool. My $2500 date still shows as 6/28, even though it was configured on 6/27 around 5pm. Also I didn't see any $500 charge to edit order on the payment method tab. All the taxes and fees are already updated instantly.

Cool. My $2500 date still shows as 6/28, even though it was configured on 6/27 around 5pm. Also I didn't see any $500 charge to edit order on the payment method tab. All the taxes and fees are already updated instantly.

Yeah I placed an order in June as well and I wanted to edit on July 2nd but the description on the website showed the new wording for only "1 year of free internet", so I got paranoid and called up Tesla and asked myself to be sure. They said what I've seen in several threads here, and I've seen it in writing as well, that you get grandfathered in based on your original order date.