Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White interior available for AWD /nonP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDIT: So I just got off the phone. Long story short. I already have a VIN assigned for NON-P Pearl White.

Reservation Date: 3/31/16
Deposit: 5/23/18 for MC red
Changed order from MC RED to PEARL WHITE last Thursday
Edit Screen Disappeared Friday

I received a phone call, stating vehicle was going to be delivered AUG 6, 546XX

White interior notification came out last night.

Was lucky that my ISA switched it without a fee. Pretty lucky. He said it should be less than 2 months, and I should be prioritized as my reservation and deposit date is ahead of most people.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
$500 extra for the white seats on my May order. I'll call that a deal and be happy to wait another couple months for the exact car I wanted. Thank You Tesla.
How do you know you were charged $500 fee? Is it bc you had a VIN assigned already and had the ISA edit your order?

I had those numbers there since last week when they updated the site. Today when I change to white interior, those numbers auto updated to reflect the new additional $1500 instantly. I thought they updated those for everyone. I guess not..
Nope, not all. I think it is due to financing via Tesla and trading in our XV. More complicated than cash or third-party loan w/o a trade.

How do you know you were charged $500 fee? Is it bc you had a VIN assigned already and had the ISA edit your order?

I am looking at it based on my original configuration that I agreed to. When I originally ordered in May my configuration (AWD, Blue with EAP) was $60,000. They lowered that to $59,000 so I'm looking at the big picture after I add in the $1,500 white interior. I did not have my edit button disappear yet.

I am looking at it based on my original configuration that I agreed to. When I originally ordered in May my configuration (AWD, Blue with EAP) was $60,000. They lowered that to $59,000 so I'm looking at the big picture after I add in the $1,500 white interior. I did not have my edit button disappear yet.

I see. So it is really $1500 extra just like everyone else. Your price was lowered by $1000 because since you ordered, they dropped the price of the AWD by $1000, but you would have gotten the new price anyway even if you didn't change to white interior. But to you, it is really only $500 more since you agreed to the original price. So congrats! And the white interior was also the exact car I wanted so I am happy I get to change it. :)

I see. So it is really $1500 extra just like everyone else. Your price was lowered by $1000 because since you ordered, they dropped the price of the AWD by $1000, but you would have gotten the new price anyway even if you didn't change to white interior. But to you, it is really only $500 more since you agreed to the original price. So congrats! And the white interior was also the exact car I wanted so I am happy I get to change it. :)

Yes, it is the same and I'm extremely happy about how this is playing out for me. I'm sure there will be some people upset but in my eyes Tesla scored some bonus points with me. Now lets get those white vegan cows off to the processing plant.

That sucks, but I wouldn't feel too bad. We are all suckers for paying $1500 to have the nice wood accent removed (probably more expensive) and having the seat material changed to jean staining white which isn't any actually anything more expensive and will require more upkeep...

I was in the same boat and edited my order but it's not the best value IMO.
Now if only there was a cream option, and at the same price as the black "premium...."

Reactions: Glamisduner
I want to know what other material they are using on the doors that justifies the $1500.
The justification is that you'll pay more. ;)

I'd expect any extra inputs cost to Tesla is probably to do with the white seat materials than whatever they put on the dash. "White" is trickier chemistry for materials because you can't use anything that adds hues. The darker the intended colour of the material the wider range you've got to work from because it's easier to hide via adding pigment. Also, you have to be more careful about smudges during the manufacturing process.

That $1500 has a lot of profit margin to it, though.

Is the white dash just shiny plastic?

I like the wood grain too, it would look good with the white. I want to know what other material they are using on the doors that justifies the $1500.

The dash and door inserts look like plastic to me in the stock photos but I'm not sure. If that's the case they are replacing wood and Alcantara with plastic for only $1500 more! I know that there are many that say the white holds up but I just have my doubts if I keep the car for the next 5 or more years.

The dash and door inserts look like plastic to me in the stock photos but I'm not sure. If that's the case they are replacing wood and Alcantara with plastic for only $1500 more! I know that there are many that say the white holds up but I just have my doubts if I keep the car for the next 5 or more years.
The door panels are supposed to be the same material as the black. The dash is likely coated aluminum but I'm not sure how often people reach up and touch that?