Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White interior available for AWD /nonP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol I’m sure the white interior was always planned for other trims...I think Tesla just got an extra 11k for P orders and once they got their fill they opened for AWDs ...RWDs coming in few weeks ;)
Can they possibly find enough white vegan cows to slaughter?
The white interior was supposed to be available Fall 2017 so that would be keeping with Elon time.

Of course this would happen. I guess they found more white fabric. I really should change my order :mad:. No edit button anymore though. $11k for a software unlock :rolleyes:

Hell, a lot of people are convinced that performance motors are not binned and have the exact same hardware as AWD. Might as well capitalize on that and announce: "Performance package now available for all AWD!!!" :p

Can someone clarify this for me? So I received a call today from my sales advisor, stating that my NON-P AWD Pearl White 18" will arrive on Aug 6th. Tonight, after confirming with him, I get an e-mail stating that the white interior is now available. The white interior was my dream interior, but of course didn't want to miss the tax credit so I went ahead with my order. Any chance they'd be willing to change the black to the white interior? I assume that there are tons of people still waiting for the NON-P AWD Pearl White that they could easily allocate it.

This is great news for those that wanted white. I liked darker interior, pops less when tinted and hides imperfections better.
...also, I'm a slob. :p Fortunately when the wife saw white seats on an X this weekend she was a hard pass, too.

Musk had said their white seat supply had about 1K/week available. I guess they're figuring with current uptake numbers on white interiors they can handle any that come from D orders, too.

Edit completed

Back to the end of the line for me :(
I think I will surprise the wife (She really wanted white). They are really getting me with the I wants.
White car $1500 White interior $1500 Decent wheels $1500

I could have bought another used EV for the price difference! Why is white $1500 more? I can somewhat understand the paint, but a different color fake leather?

Can someone clarify this for me? So I received a call today from my sales advisor, stating that my NON-P AWD Pearl White 18" will arrive on Aug 6th. Tonight, after confirming with him, I get an e-mail stating that the white interior is now available. The white interior was my dream interior, but of course didn't want to miss the tax credit so I went ahead with my order. Any chance they'd be willing to change the black to the white interior? I assume that there are tons of people still waiting for the NON-P AWD Pearl White that they could easily allocate it.

It doesn't hurt to ask assuming the car hasn't been made yet.

Awhile back with the Model S they were charging $500 to do a change like that. I'm not sure they do that anymore.