Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

white interior, gray headliner?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went for a test drive in the P3D+ a few days ago. What an awesome car! I really liked the white interior a lot. The only thing that bothered me was the gray headliner. It really looked wrong with the white and black of the rest of the interior. I found it a strange omission, but understandable given Tesla's need to streamline production I suppose. I hope that they decide to add a black headliner as an option in the future. The white looked so much nicer with the black headliner of the X that was in the showroom.

Has anyone replaced a headliner after the fact? It seems like it could be quite difficult.

I’ve talked to my service center about it fairly recently actually. Unfortunately there are a good number of parts that’d need to be modified/painted and if it turns out bad, buying replacements are surprisingly expensive.

I really wish I could find a reasonably priced donor interior to toy with. If anyone has a totalled 3 and wants to part with the interior, send me a message? Ha.