TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

white interior, gray headliner?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Filteq, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Filteq

Filteq Member

I went for a test drive in the P3D+ a few days ago. What an awesome car! I really liked the white interior a lot. The only thing that bothered me was the gray headliner. It really looked wrong with the white and black of the rest of the interior. I found it a strange omission, but understandable given Tesla's need to streamline production I suppose. I hope that they decide to add a black headliner as an option in the future. The white looked so much nicer with the black headliner of the X that was in the showroom.

Has anyone replaced a headliner after the fact? It seems like it could be quite difficult.

2. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

The only part that will be difficult will the be sunvisor. The actual headliner is in several pieces so popping it out to reupholster it is simple compared to most one piece units.

3. Filteq

Filteq Member

That's good to know. I'd bet they don't give those away. I guess I'm in the minority in not liking the gray. It is a pretty minor nitpick in an otherwise great car!

4. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

My preference would be black (or rather charcoal since that the actual color of the Alcantara on the door panels on the black interior cars)

5. Drax

Drax Member

I’ve talked to my service center about it fairly recently actually. Unfortunately there are a good number of parts that’d need to be modified/painted and if it turns out bad, buying replacements are surprisingly expensive.

I really wish I could find a reasonably priced donor interior to toy with. If anyone has a totalled 3 and wants to part with the interior, send me a message? Ha.