Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Interior on the Model 3 in Oz

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get that white looks better, but $1.5K USD more for vinyl, hmm.....
Tesla no longer offer leather seats, and I agree with the post above, the black leather looked very shabby quite quickly. Can’t comment on the black alternative leather currently being used, but the white is super easy to keep clean, and after 6 months has no stains or creases. Can only assume the black is as good.

I get that white looks better, but $1.5K USD more for vinyl, hmm.....
It won't be vinyl. More likely (probably) polyurethane (pu) which is greener than vinyl and more expensive to make. However it is cheaper than leather and has a much better feel than vinyl.
Many "leather" jackets are now made from pu - which apart from the leather smell and the suede on the reverse side, look and feel like a genuine lamb leather.
The earlier MS cars had real leather in the premium pack.

You need to educate yourself and read your history
You need to grasp graphs representing basic economic data. Inter generational theft enabled by neoliberal governments chasing the grey vote is stark
But let’s look at a cold hard, ugly, fact about Baby Boomers (& the Silent Generation), using basic logic
Cumulatively in their lifetime, relative to Millenials & Gen Z, they have spewed far more carcinogens & CO2 into the atmosphere through their lifetime’s activities.
Cumulatively, they have attained far more wealth.
Yet research/polling shows this group overwhelmingly votes for conservative governments (eg: Liberal National Party). Anyone who grasps political reality, knows that conservative governments will typically do less for the environment than progressives.
So in spite of the fact that Boomers have done more damage to the environment & people’s health, they refuse to contribute economically to restitute said environment even though they have the wealth to do so, as demonstrated by their vote.
They are saying “I damaged the environment, I gained wealth as a result of said damage & your suffering, but I’m not paying for it, you lot can”
What a bunch of greedy, self centred c****.

Pertinently, there would be a white interior option available on the Model 3 right now, if there wasn’t such greed - because there would be subsidies by longer term thinking governments to accelerate EV adoption spurring demand. But I doubt some can join the cognitive dots....

Last edited:
You need to grasp graphs representing basic economic data. Inter generational theft enabled by neoliberal governments chasing the grey vote is stark
But let’s look at a cold hard, ugly, fact about Baby Boomers (& the Silent Generation), using basic logic
Cumulatively in their lifetime, relative to Millenials & Gen Z, they have spewed far more carcinogens & CO2 into the atmosphere through their lifetime’s activities.
Cumulatively, they have attained far more wealth.
Yet research/polling shows this group overwhelmingly votes for conservative governments (eg: Liberal National Party). Anyone who grasps political reality, knows that conservative governments will typically do less for the environment than progressives.
So in spite of the fact that Boomers have done more damage to the environment & people’s health, they refuse to contribute economically to restitute said environment even though they have the wealth to do so, as demonstrated by their vote.
They are saying “I damaged the environment, I gained wealth as a result of said damage & your suffering, but I’m not paying for it, you lot can”
What a bunch of greedy, self centred c****.

Pertinently, there would be a white interior option available on the Model 3 right now, if there wasn’t such greed - because there would be subsidies by longer term thinking governments to accelerate EV adoption spurring demand. But I doubt some can join the cognitive dots....
I find any subsidies to be particularly "greedy, self centered etc"; I get to use my money not some half arsed politician.
Lets get back to Tesla.

Reactions: paulp and PJF000
I find any subsidies to be particularly "greedy, self centered etc"; I get to use my money not some half arsed politician.
Lets get back to Tesla.
Might be worth educating yourself on a basic concept in Economics known as ‘externalities’ & how they are not paid for by the beneficiary of said externalities. Once you understand this concept then it makes the basis for subsidies more appreciable, as it ‘balances the equation’.
Subsidies lead to more Tesla purchases & white interiors. Just joining the cognitive dots for you

• Disagree
Reactions: Lerxt
Might be worth educating yourself on a basic concept in Economics known as ‘externalities’ & how they are not paid for by the beneficiary of said externalities. Once you understand this concept then it makes the basis for subsidies more appreciable, as it ‘balances the equation’.
Subsidies lead to more Tesla purchases & white interiors. Just joining the cognitive dots for you
If Tesla *required* subsidies, I am better off without.
I am not interested in some external dickhead making my decisions for me.

Back to Tesla!

Reactions: paulp
Looks like Simon Hackett is on the case.
6C08965D-D729-4A35-AF56-57B0CD469B5A.png

That’s Baby Boomers for you
At least you concede luck plays a part

@Nuclear Fusion I was referring to myself....I am generation X (my parents Boomers)....so re-read and don’t take out of context the rest of what I said (like working hard and not being a baby boomer myself).

Looks like we have another self entitled ranter on the loose, let’s get back to Tesla.....go Simon Hackett!

Last edited:
Reactions: paulp
@Nuclear Fusion I was referring to myself....I am generation X (my parents Boomers)....so re-read and don’t take out of context the rest of what I said (like working hard and not being a baby boomer myself).

Looks like we have another self entitled ranter on the loose, let’s get back to Tesla.....go Simon Hackett!
‘Hard working’ is such a meaningless statement, in my experience usually spouted so as to avoid the cognitive effort of nuance & the minutiae of individuals’ life experience & circumstance & all the luck (or lack of it) up until this point. The psychological concept of ‘self serving bias’

‘Hard working’ is such a meaningless statement, in my experience usually spouted so as to avoid the cognitive effort of nuance & the minutiae of individuals’ life experience & circumstance & all the luck (or lack of it) up until this point. The psychological concept of ‘self serving bias’

Hahaha. Best case of pot calling the kettle black I have seen in a long time.