TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

White Interior Option

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Gouldness, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Gouldness

Gouldness Gould times ahead.

Hello all,

Long range/premium res holder, got the confirmation today.

I'm patiently waiting for the one feature that i can't (don't want to overpay for) do later = white interior. I know it's on the performance NOW, but is there any verbiage or confirmation saying it's ONLY for performance? Are the rest of us out of luck?

I haven't seen anything saying if/when this is coming to the rest of the models as an option.

2. MrPinrel

MrPinrel Member

Elon tweeted that it would be available more broadly “in the future” because of a parts shortage now, but of course didn’t say when.

I’m thinking EOY. They want as many of us to buy he performance version (even if we don’t really need it) as possible...

• Helpful x 1
  3. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

White plastic cows are hard to find :D

• Funny x 5
  4. animorph

animorph Member

You can confirm that you can't order RWD LR with white seats by trying to configure one. It seems like everyone in North America can configure now. We're waiting as well. I'd expect maybe September or October to be able to order.

5. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

Lack of interior color options is a deal breaker for us. We will sit on the sideline and wait for cream or white (preferably cream) to be available. No way we'll settle for a black interior and I don't want to spend the extra bucks for Performance for a second car that is used mainly around town. Very early reservation holder/current MX owner. If it doesn't happen by year end I'll probably cancel and wait for the MY. My MX lease is up in February so will be buying a new MX then. I guess it will be a while before we are a completely electric 2 Tesla family.

6. Legolas

Legolas Member

I was in the same boat as you, but I didn't want to forgo the $7500 tax rebate and I finally put in my order.

7. Park2670

Park2670 Member

Ive waited years, whats another few months?

• Like x 1
  8. Gouldness

Gouldness Gould times ahead.

Agreed. And now we know we'll still get the full tax credit till the end of the year.