Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Interior Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had black seats in my first MS and they aged horribly, despite me looking after them. I went for white the second time (on blue - lovely combo) and 2.5 years and 25k miles on I don't regret it for a second. I am a very fussy b@stard when it comes to dirt in my car so was very nervous, despite many other owners raving about them.

Baby wipes bring them back to new and I have worn new Levi's and Wranglers without a problem - other brands are available ;)

Hi all

Yes, it’s probably been discussed in the past here but I’ll ask anyway.

Been offered a MY in Blue but just discovered it has white interior.

I’ve always steered clear of this. For a start I’ve got young kids, which I know isn’t the end of the world and the seats apparently wipe down etc, I get it.

BUT

Over time, surely these white seats when they start to crease and wear etc, surely they start to look a bit crap and don’t hide the wear as good as the black interior? Don’t get me wrong, white looks the biz but I’ve got my realistic head on here.

Just wanted some opinions and thoughts from those who’ve took the white interior route. How far are you down the line? Any issues? Do you regret it?

Thanks.
You could hear a hundred stories from us about how the white seats are great (I've had the white seats for a year and they are still looking great), but that one story about how they stain will put you off and you'll go for black.

It is inevitable.

You could hear a hundred stories from us about how the white seats are great (I've had the white seats for a year and they are still looking great), but that one story about how they stain will put you off and you'll go for black.

It is inevitable.
It’s like looking at reviews on trip advisor mate, or reviews anywhere really, it’s 5 stars, 5 stars, 5 stars, 1 star, 5 stars. Yet we’re naturally drawn more to the negative review than the positive. Totally get it.

Reactions: pault1981
I did ceramic coat them on the first day of ownership. Despite this still have some light blue stains (this is with me wiping the drivers seat bottom with baby wipes every time I get out of Car after wearing jeans). Stopped wearing jeans for this reason. Nonetheless still prefer the white seats over the black.

Reactions: M1tch and Durzel
I have white and love the look. I agree with posts about blue dye from denim. It seems to come off with baby wipes. However. Within a couple of weeks the sides of my drivers seat looked grubby. Not blue, just kind of creased and grubby and nothing is shifting it. Even got the car professionally valeted and they couldn't budge it.

Hasn't got much worse in last few months but it does annoy me.

I have wondered about raising it with Tesla as an issue but not sure if they will bother doing anything about it.