Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Interior & Tinting %???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Debating on tinting the front windows 5% or 15%. Recently went with 25% on the fronts and didn’t realize it’s still light with the white interior.

Leaning on going with 5% thinking that it’ll still show with the white interior but wanted to see anyone has pictures of the white interior with 5% and 15% on the fronts?

5% at night is going to make night driving sketchy. Personally I would go 25% myself. How's the 25% driving at night for you? I have 35% on one of my cars and it's definitely made it harder to see out of at night, and especially in the rain when everything on the road gets harder to see.

I've got 20% with my white interior...don't think I would go much lower. As it is now, I have a nasty reflection of the white dash that covers the driver's side mirror during the day...but that would probably happen with any tint.

I've got 20% with my white interior...don't think I would go much lower. As it is now, I have a nasty reflection of the white dash that covers the driver's side mirror during the day...but that would probably happen with any tint.

Have 25% myself, kind of wish I went for 20% all around. I agree don't think I would go lower than 20%.

Could you guys post some pictures showing how well it blends with the factory blacked out rear windows? I’ve seen a couple people with the black interior post saying that a 20 to 25% on the front basically match the darkness of the back windows... but I’m curious about the white...

I figure the glass is actually dyed black for the rears compared to a film, so they might “stay” darker when there is a white background begins them compared to a tint film...

I know in my Model 3 with white interior a ~30% seems very light compared to like how dark the roof looks...

That dash reflection makes using the side view mirror a challenge with a high mid-day sun. I am thinking of darkening and reducing the reflectiveness of the dash.

Freshly tinted with 20% in the front. For what it’s worth the shop estimated the back to be tinted 24%. They mentioned the front will look slightly lighter because of the white seats and the windshield letting in a lot of light. It’s a good % and agree I wouldn’t go darker but it blends well!

Attachments

• 92A99B56-3ED3-4696-BD25-48969570328D.jpeg
    92A99B56-3ED3-4696-BD25-48969570328D.jpeg
    499.7 KB · Views: 456
Freshly tinted with 20% in the front. For what it’s worth the shop estimated the back to be tinted 24%. They mentioned the front will look slightly lighter because of the white seats and the windshield letting in a lot of light. It’s a good % and agree I wouldn’t go darker but it blends well!

Sorry, meant to quote. Same question - 20 on the front, but no colored tint on rear windows?