Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Interior - When

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bumping this topic up - no definitive news but can share thoughts on my recent communication and decision process. (Sorry for lengthy text):

As an NJ owner, line-waiter 3/31 (noonish), I received my email invite to configure Thursday afternoon. The email says to check the FAQ and directs you to reply to the email if you have further questions. Since FAQ has little on white int, I replied to the email within hours to ask if there is any new / additional timing info on white interior. As you'd imagine, Tesla is swamped with questions right now, so I did not get a reply to the email initially and ultimately reached out to the Sales phone# on the website earlier today - got a person relatively quickly and later a formal reply on the email.

At the moment, the Tesla team is awaiting updated information on questions like this, however the timing of that internal information is not known yet to the folks fielding the emails and calls. So updated info could be coming (?) in a week, a month, etc, TBD.

Since I am not set on white interior, and am not waiting for the other confirmed eventual features like AWD, I am weighing a definite 4 week delivery target on current blackish interior vs. indefinite / unknown waiting period on white interior. In all likelihood, I will pull the trigger on current version later this weekend to get my model 3 sooner. (And white will then be available for everyone else the next day, right?;) Taking one for the team...:rolleyes:).

Side note: I did also ask about whether cream interior might ever happen. At the moment there have been no official statements to say cream interior will be offered on Model 3. Only white (eventually), current blackish, and some version of non-premium (base int) have been acknowledged.

Has anyone heard anything different officially from Tesla regarding the timing of white (or non-black) interior on Model 3? Thanks in advance.

• Helpful
Reactions: SteveG3
My wife prefers out cars to have white exterior with tan leather interior, but she loves the interior of our new 3 with black seats. She thinks it’s one of the best looking car interiors she has seen! The light headliner and glass really helps make the car feel open and airy. So for those of you waiting for the white, it may be worth checking out the black seats again since you can get the car so much sooner!

• Informative
Reactions: suwaneedad
If they originally said ramp in Sep/Oct and then white interior in the Fall, they obviously wanted to introduce it just after employee deliveries. So I don’t get why people think it’s so far out. Should be sometime in the next couple months IMO. They love the white interior themselves (see 2020 Roadster) so they probably want to make it available sooner than later. Granted there’s no good financial reason for them to intro it, but it’s a simple enough change to the line and it’ll help with the ramp as they slowly introduce more options.

I’ve also replied to my config email asking how I should proceed given that I’m waiting for white. Hopefully they’ll at least get some rough guidance so they can respond soon.

The white interior is definitely a Tesla signature. I know many say it holds up well but I have my doubts. My guess is Q3, maybe even Q4 if this pace keeps up. I will take whatever they have ready to go when my number comes up.

The white interior is definitely a Tesla signature. I know many say it holds up well but I have my doubts. My guess is Q3, maybe even Q4 if this pace keeps up. I will take whatever they have ready to go when my number comes up.

two years, 40K and counting.....white is spectacular (in comfort plus so much cooler in the hot climates I drive in).

D + White is what we want for our 3s on order.

Reactions: 3s-a-charm
Since white premium is $3300 extra is there going to be an additional charge for white? Or will it be part of the $5,000 PUP?
Nobody knows... but I would guess it would be part of the premium interior option based on the fact that the PUP currently gives the black version of the same seats. Non PUP would likely be cloth seating.