Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Interior with Black Door Panels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone done any interior swaps yet? I really like the black door panels vs white.

My M3 comes with white interior and we're having second thoughts about it. We didn't want it at first but it was included with our discount.

custom interiors - T Sportline - Tesla Model S, X & 3 Aftermarket Accessories as just one example

junk yards for wrecked Model 3
- ebay probably and Jack Rickard
- or other DIT electric type companies
EV West - Electric Vehicle Parts, Components, EVSE Charging Stations, Electric Car Conversion Kits
EVTV Motor Verks - Custom Electric Car Conversion Instructional Videos - he has at least one wreck Model 3 - door panel looked fine
anyway, do some searching

As Jack has said: the more Teslas the more morons to crash them. Maybe at slower rate but not zero yet.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: buste2
custom interiors - T Sportline - Tesla Model S, X & 3 Aftermarket Accessories as just one example

junk yards for wrecked Model 3
- ebay probably and Jack Rickard
- or other DIT electric type companies
EV West - Electric Vehicle Parts, Components, EVSE Charging Stations, Electric Car Conversion Kits
EVTV Motor Verks - Custom Electric Car Conversion Instructional Videos - he has at least one wreck Model 3 - door panel looked fine
anyway, do some searching

I rather trade with someone locally if I do any swaps. I was just curious if anyone did any and how it looked. Thanks though!

I was thinking the exact same thing. I have the white interior because I liked the seats - but I'm not a huge fan of the door panels. I've already wrapped the dash cap, and plan on having the headliner done in Alcantara, but would LOVE to find someone wanting a set of white door panels and willing to swap me for their black Alcantara units. :)

Reactions: buste2
I was thinking the exact same thing. I have the white interior because I liked the seats - but I'm not a huge fan of the door panels. I've already wrapped the dash cap, and plan on having the headliner done in Alcantara, but would LOVE to find someone wanting a set of white door panels and willing to swap me for their black Alcantara units. :)

pictures of the dash cap wrap?

Hi are you still down to swap your white door panels? I'm in the bay area.

Hi, Im willing to swap my wood dash and black panels for the white ones. Please let me know if you want to trade

I like the black seats but wouldn't mind the white door panels. Was able to swap for a white dash last week and it looks great (contrasts the black seats but matches the white exterior). I'm in the IE and willing to meet up in socal to swap. Or we can do it in my garage. I have all the trim tools as well.

I get my car back today. Going from Black to White Katzskin Vegan leather kit oem design. Already swapped over my dash piece to white.
Ill post pick later today.

They are getting me info on door panel white insert. Its doable but labor intensive from the videos ive seen due to plastic weld holding panel together.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Umm, yea didnt go as planned. Looked like poo so I sent it back.
Long story but the Katzskin "pearl color" is nothing like the oem white.
When I started this process I verified with Katzskin that the kit is the exact same as the T Sportline Uber white vegan leather.
Well......as it turns out AFTER the install I was given incorrect info by numerous sources.
Apparently T Sportline does have Katzskin mfg their kits however they supply them with the material and is exclusive
to them (they own the rights) to the smooth white synthetic material. Now Katzskin is telling me they cant do anything about it and I cannot return the kit because its been installed... HUH??? Your sales rep specifically told me the wrong info and I ordered the product and had it installed based on his word. NOW you find out after the fact its not and wont take the kit back or offer to help me out.

This is gonna get interesting. Im waiting for a phone call back from MGMT

Reactions: Nrazar
Katzskin did the right thing and gave me a full refund however the installer feels they did nothing wrong which I agree w so they will not refund my labor amount. Instead they agreed to either reinstall my oem leather or install a new katzskin kit for no additional charge. I have given up on the white and opted for a new black diamond stitch pattern instead so I can at least use the paid labor towards something. All and all should be ok.

lesson learned. Go w oem white if that’s what you want

Katzskin did the right thing and gave me a full refund however the installer feels they did nothing wrong which I agree w so they will not refund my labor amount. Instead they agreed to either reinstall my oem leather or install a new katzskin kit for no additional charge. I have given up on the white and opted for a new black diamond stitch pattern instead so I can at least use the paid labor towards something. All and all should be ok.

lesson learned. Go w oem white if that’s what you want

Thanks for follow up. Good call on Katzkin to make it right for you.