Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Interior with Figured Ash Wood!!! 😁

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm old school. I like wood trim. I tried to fall in love with the carbon fiber but I couldn't, so I took the plunge and had Tesla replace the trim in my car with Figured Ash wood. I AM IN LOVE!!!!! The contrast with the black and white is just enough to warm up the cabin and give it a more upscale feel. I can't stop smiling! 😁

Jose

P.S. I'm selling the carbon fiber trim. I posted it here

Attachments

• jb_trim_001_lowres.jpg
    jb_trim_001_lowres.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 2,617
  • jb_trim_002_lowres.jpg
    jb_trim_002_lowres.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 1,017
  • jb_trim_003_lowres.jpg
    jb_trim_003_lowres.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 715
  • jb_trim_004_lowres.jpg
    jb_trim_004_lowres.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 492
  • jb_trim_005_lowres.jpg
    jb_trim_005_lowres.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 600
  • jb_trim_006_lowres.jpg
    jb_trim_006_lowres.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 523
  • jb_trim_007_lowres.jpg
    jb_trim_007_lowres.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 566
Wow! I have always been a carbon fiber fan, I wrapped the glossy black wood trim in my 2020 MX w carbon fiber vinyl and love it, but the brown wood looks amazing! Love the carbon fiber because of how sporty and futuristic it makes the cabin, especially with the white seats, but as you said the brown wood w the white is just enough to make it look warm and premium. Definitely love the brown wood with the white interior much more than with the black interior. It's also sort of the same combination that will be in the refreshed white interiors of the LR S and Xs, so looks like you're a trendsetter. 😉

• Love
Reactions: Baxterdown
Looks amazing @Baxterdown, great mod!

Don't let my wife see your pictures because that's the exact configuration she wanted for her Model X, but since we got an amazing deal on a Performance Raven that was already built, we got everything she wanted BUT the white seats and the wood decor... 😢

I did the exact same thing as you with my Model S. I wanted the Matte Obeche wood that was discontinued about a year before I configured my car, so I got the Service Center to sell me the full decor set (granted there are less pieces to swap on the Model S than on your Model X), but I love the way the Matte Obeche wood looks in combination with the Tan Leather Premium Seats! :)

• Love
I did this same thing with my 2017 MX. I was ordering it about a month after they deleted that option from the ordering process and the sales person said that they could do the swap for me for about the same price you paid. (I won't share what I paid because it was bundled in with a bunch of other "fix it" work and they cut me a deal that doesn't represent the true cost of replacing the trim.)

I had no idea that was an option. Never bothered to ask, but sure wish I had, I hate the way the sun glares in my eyes off of the standard glossy wood trim that comes with the white package, and I've got to believe that matte wood trim would help with that.

To me, having brown wood with a black & white interior looks out of place. I would not be thrilled with being forced into this combination if I were buying a new Model X since that's all that is offered on the refresh. I love the matte obeche in my Model X and it's a shame Tesla ever discontinued it.

I'm old school. I like wood trim. I tried to fall in love with the carbon fiber but I couldn't, so I took the plunge and had Tesla replace the trim in my car with Figured Ash wood. I AM IN LOVE!!!!! The contrast with the black and white is just enough to warm up the cabin and give it a more upscale feel. I can't stop smiling! 😁

Jose

P.S. I'm selling the carbon fiber trim. I posted it here
This look fantastic. Looking to do something similar with my Model X. Can you share part numbers so that I can order from Tesla? Thanks!

Hey @taimurasad, here's the part list and what my SC quoted me at the time:

Part TitlePart NumberQtyUnit Price (USD)Subtotal
IP FINISHER SET LHD FIG ASH MATA
Option codes: IDBO AND DRLH
1004518-99-I1$540$540
ASY DECOR, RR DR RH FIGURED ASH BURL
Option Codes: IDBO AND DSH5
1036081-09-B1$120$120
ASY DECOR, RR DR LH FIGURED ASH BURL
Option Codes: IDBO AND DSH5
1035826-09-B1$120$120
ASY DEC TRM DR FR LH FIGURED ASH BURL