Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Interior worth $2k or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Locked in to white exterior black interior for $49,990. I’m heavily considering the white seats but it would cost $2k now to change. Any regrets with the black interior or should I go for the white? From my perspective black is a lot more calmer of an interior and white is a lot more energetic. I never even considered the white interior when I originally ordered the car but everyone’s been hyping it up and when I watch YouTube videos the interior just looks insanely stunning.

I also just got my VIN today for a LR AWD Black Interior, White Exterior.

Yes

h2pQYsH.jpg

CEeDwvp.jpg

5yWbhas.jpg

Locked in to white exterior black interior for $49,990. I’m heavily considering the white seats but it would cost $2k now to change. Any regrets with the black interior or should I go for the white? From my perspective black is a lot more calmer of an interior and white is a lot more energetic. I never even considered the white interior when I originally ordered the car but everyone’s been hyping it up and when I watch YouTube videos the interior just looks insanely stunning.

I also just got my VIN today for a LR AWD Black Interior, White Exterior.
If you got a VIN # and the vehicle was configured with the black interior. The car will have black interior.

This is a personal taste thing, there’s no real objective benefit to either interior. Follow your heart.

White on white is a bit much for me but I’m not the one who’ll end up owning your car…

Reactions: tm1v2
I said no with my order because:

1) I have two kids and a dog -- not worth the hassle
2) $2,000 is a lot to spend for something that I'd have to work hard at keeping clean all the time. Also, I've seen some threads where the seatbelts in the white interior leave unremovable black marks on the back seats.
3) I wear jeans a lot during the winter months, and I've seen what they do to my wife's Subaru Outback with a beige interior.

I only managed to get 16k miles on my white interior so far and wear jeans everyday. Seats still look virtually new still. Im the only one in my car 95% of the time tho. On the back seats I put a couple seat belt pads to keep them off the seat but there are still a couple rub marks that you can only see when the seat belts are moved.

I think the white seats just make it feel more special, more like a spaceship. I have my second 3 on order and its white interior also.

Reactions: db93
Other than the different look, the white interior is also softer cushion, in case that's important to you.
Is this from pre-2021 refresh? I sat in both back-to-back in 2021 models and never noticed this, and the cushioning in my 2021 black interior is the softest of any car I've owned. It's not too soft, but I don't think I'd want it any softer!

Anyways I agree with everyone this is very very personal preference. The white with white trim was just too bright for me, and I don't want to risk stains from my jeans (not common I think but I've seen a few reports of it).

I would've gone with cream if available. I will say I think the black+wood looks better in person than photos. I'm very happy with my choice given the limited options. Others love the white though!

I do see an awful lot of posts on Reddit that are like -- Omg how do I clean these white seats? My gf wore a dress and now they are stained, etc..

Glad with my choice of black

I saw an equal mix of those posts you mention above here, along with statements that people have made in this thread, like "I have had them for X time and other than doing X, they look like new". What I never saw, however, was anyone with black seats saying anything about upkeep on them.

I bought the black seats. My Model 3 is Blue exterior, and I really liked the look of blue exterior / white interior, but knew that I am NOT a person who is "into detailing cars". Its not like I am a slob or something, I dont eat in the car, etc, I just dont spend a bunch of time cleaning my car.

I have had my car since Dec of 2018 with black seats, and they still look virtually brand new, and the only cleaning I have done to them is to wipe them down with a microfiber cloth maybe 4-5 times (total, since december of 2018).

Its all personal choice as mentioned, but there is no way in heck I would change an order, lose an assigned vin and go back into the queue, AND pay 2k more (1k seats + 1k price increase) for white seats. Still, you are going to find more cars with a "safe" interior like the black one is, so if you want something that stands out more, get the white.

Reactions: DocHolliday