Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume they happened to check the VINs to decode that? Not sure how they would know for sure otherwise.
Well, someone could try sticking their phone behind one of the front wheels to take a picture... if there's no half shaft, then it's not AWD.

I really like the white seats and white inner door skins but not the white dash panel. Door skins look smooth like seat material. The only thing ‘off’ to me is the light grey headliner with the white interior. Really like the black/contrast.
I'm not too keen on the white dash strip either... perhaps a matte wood would be a better choice? I'll be happy if they keep the light headliner, though--the black headliner can die in a fire. Sounds harsh, I know, but my experience with Tesla's black headliner in the S/X has been that it betrays some of the purpose of selecting a light interior by covering a key area in dark, light absorbing material--it counteracts a portion of the light, open, and inviting feeling that you gain from the other light materials.

If all you're looking for is an object to take photos of, then from that aesthetic standpoint, yes, the contrast the black headliner helps to create is striking, dramatic, and beautiful (especially when done in Alcantara)... but the human experience aspect of living and interacting with it is more important to me.

I have been jonzing for the white interior since I heard it might be an option, and I feel like I had finally settled on my colour choices, but then I saw some of the pics from Model 3's in the wild, with the white interior... and the door panels have a white cutout, and the current faux wood panel piece, is also replaced by a white piece of trim. Im kind of aghast at this... am I wrong to dislike those choices? I just want the white faux leather seats, and not on these other spots!

What does everyone else think?

I like this. Sent by T Sportline.
tesla-model-3-interior-upgrade-leather-kit-white-1920-1.JPG

tesla-model-3-interior-upgrade-leather-kit-white-1920-2.JPG

I have been jonzing for the white interior since I heard it might be an option, and I feel like I had finally settled on my colour choices, but then I saw some of the pics from Model 3's in the wild, with the white interior... and the door panels have a white cutout, and the current faux wood panel piece, is also replaced by a white piece of trim. Im kind of aghast at this... am I wrong to dislike those choices? I just want the white faux leather seats, and not on these other spots!

What does everyone else think?

I fully and completely rescind this initial post, except for the white dash piece. Was at the Yorkdale store today to quickly spy the Model 3, and saw the Model X with the white interior and white door panel pieces; it looked exceptional in person. Will almost assuredly be going with the white, and perhaps getting a wrap of some sort over the white dash piece! :)

I was too anxious to wait and already configured but I was considering the white interior. Like others I really don't like the white dash. I would like a whitewash version of the standard open pore wood dash though.

Reactions: fmcotton
Scuttlebutt on the Facebook Model 3 group is that white interior will be available to configure in 3 weeks. According to someone in the Miami store. Great big grain of salt for this one as sales people don't typically know this kind of information, but at least we won't have a very long wait to find out whether it's correct.

“Why wait for Tesla to quit screwing around with a white interior and then grossly OVERCHARGING for it? Get a plain interior and have a custom shop make to a white interior. It'll probably be cheaper too.”

Probably not, actually. White PUP will probably cost the same as black PUP. Because of the bundling, you don’t really know how much the seat/interior materials cost.

“Why wait for Tesla to quit screwing around with a white interior and then grossly OVERCHARGING for it? Get a plain interior and have a custom shop make to a white interior. It'll probably be cheaper too.”

Probably not, actually. White PUP will probably cost the same as black PUP. Because of the bundling, you don’t really know how much the seat/interior materials cost.
Yeah. Much better odds that the base interior won't have a White option, that you'll be required to configure with the PUP if you want White interior.